ch 1; when I first saw him

'

It's weird-... He has always loved deer meat... Okay, maybe that's not the weird part. But-... It was the first time, a deer left an impression on him. Exclude the young deer who fought to become the next Beastars, but decided to give that up to join the black market instead. Joining the shishigumi. And becoming the boss to a group of felines.
Their boss needed their support when he conforted his father where he wanted him to sign a paper for dropping out from school.
And despite Louis was pointing a gun at his father, the older buck didn't flinched. Almost as he was challenging his son.
A fight the younger deer lost, and the older one scoffed and changed the paper so Louis would only be temporarily out of school. And not dropping out as Louis planned first.

Defeated, Louis walked out from the office with the head a little lowered in shame.
The other lions started following the young buck out.
Except Ibuki who hesitantly stayed. The lion looked over the shoulder at the older buck... And when he noticed how the other's narrow and intimidating eyes were staring back at his, the heart skipped a beat.
The lion swallows hardly while the fur on the arms stood up.
One short eye contact was enough to intimate him-... Now he understood the reason behind Louis wanted support when talking with his father.

The deer raised an eyebrow, while eyeing the lion curiously.
"... Mr. lion-..." he started to say.
The lion jolted where he turned toward him.
"... I-... Ehm..." The nervous lion cleared the throat.
"... I'm Ibuki-... Eh?" He explained and looked asking at the deer.
Even though Louis and he had got very close... The young deer hadn't spoke a lot about his family. Or the world outside the black market.
"... And you are?" He added, and adjusted the eyeglasses while looking stunned on the other.
A small smile appeared on the other's lips. Barely noticeable. But Ibuki noticed.
" Pardon me for not introducing myself-... I'm Oguma, the president of Horns Conglomerate... I am also Louis' father... May I ask you a somewhat personal question, Mr. Ibuki?" He asked where he intervened the fingers on the desk.

The stern posture made Ibuki a bit nervous... Almost as he spoke with a lawyer or a judge.
Maybe he does?-... Perhaps the other is judging him right now?... Whom wouldn't? When a group of lions entered a room where their herbivore boss would confront another herbivore?!... There one of the lions stayed behind to stare at an herbivore...
So yeah?-... Whom wouldn't judge him?
Perhaps he would devour the deer as the carnivore he was born as?!.. Maybe that's what Oguma thought?

At first, Ibuki had been on lost of words-... Then he cleared the throat, and coughed awkwardly against the fist.
"... I-... Wouldn't mind, sir..." he told him where the face suddenly felt a lot warmer. Did he blushed?... And if he did, why?
The deer nodded.
" Good-... As father-... It's my responsibility to worry about my child-... And seeing that child around a group of lions, certainly makes me worried... And I would like to hear-... Your agenda here?" Oguma said with his narrow eyes staring through the lion. As he tried reading him as an opened book.

Ibuki grunted where he flinched.
"My-... What?" He asked confused.
Oguma exhaled through the nose.
"... Your agenda...- Your intention with my son-... As you might already guessed... Louis is my only child... An heir for the company I have worked on for my whole life... And I would like to know-... What are you planning to do with him?... Are you seeing my son as the dinner you felines are playing with first?-... Or-..."
Ibuki widened the eyes in shock, and inhaled sharply.
"NO!-..." he protested a bit higher than intended.
The deer got silent, and hummed asking instead where the fingers let's go of each others.

Ibuki shook the head with the heart pounding swiftly behind the chest.
Only thinking about devouring Louis, made him sick...
"No-... Neither of us are seeing Louis as food... And our 'agenda' with him would be-..." he squirmed bothered, and looked away from the buck and down to the side against the floor.
"...- Using him to become a better group-... Getting stronger and getting more influence in the black market... And... Louis is doing a great job with that... And every lion in shishigumi respect him..." he blushed. Confused why he hasn't left yet... Why wouldn't his feet get him out of here?!
It's not like his carnivore side stayed behind, to devour the deer... No-... Weirdly the stomach remained silent. No single sound. No rumbling-... Nothing.
It's almost as-... He wanted to stay a little longer, to look upon that handsome deer.
And the thought of that, made something to tingle inside him.