Prologue.

"Tell me about the crash." She spoke, watching as she refused to make eye contact.

"I already told you twice." She huffed, her knee continuing to bounce.

"This is how we make progress, Miss Henderson." She let out a sigh, rolling her eyes.

"What else is there to say? I blacked out at the wheel, I crashed, my brother got hurt, what's the point in going back over this?"

"So we can get you back behind the wheel." She dropped quiet, looking to the floor.

"I've been trying... but I can't, I just... I freeze, and I can't seem to get my foot off the break."

"Did you do what I said?"

"Yes." She huffed. "I had Steve in the car with me, it didn't make a difference, I still can't even pull onto the road, I just sit in it., 'cause I can't drive with people in the car."

"How is that going, anyways?" She then asked, changing the subject. "How are things with you and Steve?"

"Things are... so good." She said, smiling just at the thought. "He's so patient with me, I don't know how he does it... honestly, I don't think that I'd... have gotten through what happened without him. Cause I didn't even tell him, at first, I didn't talk about it to anyone, and, um... I kept turning up late to class because I wouldn't leave my room until Dustin had left for school 'cause I just, I couldn't look at him... 'cause when I looked at him, I just kept hearing the scream, I kept... hearing him calling my name, and it played over and over in my head, it was keeping me awake, and I just completely checked out of my life... and, then Steve asked if, y'know, we could talk and he told me he was worried about me... and I cracked... I started crying, and apologising for yelling at him all the time because I was just carrying all this guilt... I hurt my brother... I'm the reason he was in that crash, it was my fault, and I couldn't take it back... and he just, he held me. He didn't say anything, he just held me so tight, and I felt the weight just lift from my shoulders, and... he's just put up with me through all of it. All the nightmares, the panic attacks, the anger, he... he's the only reason I can be near my brother again. 'Cause he would give up his weekends to sit in a room with us, because it made me feel better to have someone else there, and, y'know I got my brother back... I got my life back because of him. I wouldn't be without him for the world."