Seven.

Again, they were trudging through the woods. It was a lot more unsettling in the dark, and the bickering going on between Dustin and Lucas wasn't helping the mood.

"Hey!" Toni snapped, and the two stopped to look at her. "Shut up! Both of you! Who cares who broke what rule?! Those things would still be out there and we'd still be in danger no matter who did, or didn't do what?! So both of you better pipe down or I'm gonna administer some beatings! Do you understand?!"

"Sorry."

"Good." She breathed. "Now walk."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Hey, look." Steve said, looking off into the distance. From where they were, they got a good view of Hawkins Lab. It looked like it was having a meltdown. "You think that's where they're headed?"

"Maybe."

-----

Upon approaching the gate, they came across two figures.

"Nancy?" Toni spoke.

"Toni?" Nancy returned.

"Johnathan- what is going on?"

"We think Will's in there." Johnathan explained. "But we can't get the gate to-" Just as he said this, the gate slid open. "Nevermind."

"Go quick." Toni urged. "Go get them out." Nancy and Johnathan jumped into the car and drove in through the gate and towards the lab. "God, this is bad. This is so bad."

"Relax." Steve soothed, taking her hand. "We're gonna figure something out, we always do."

"What if we can't this time?" A few minutes after Nancy and Johnathan had left, they were driving past them once again, but this time away from the lab. Officer Hopper pulled up after them, throwing open the passenger door.

"Get in."

-----

Back at the Byers house, Antionette couldn't help but pace. She was growing more and more frustrated. With basic information simply going missing from her mind and no explanation as to why or how she was able to stop it, she simply couldn't be still. Hopper was calling around, but concluded they could only really sit and wait. Will was unconscious, laid down in his bedroom, sweating more than a young boy could. She walked into the kitchen, and found all eyes were suddenly on her.

"You okay, Toni?" Joyce asked her.

"Dustin." She spoke, her eyes searching the room. "Dustin... you." She then said, looking to her brother.

"You okay, Ant?" He said.

"Yeah, I just.. wanted to remember before I forgot again." She told him.

"What the hell is going on?" Nancy spoke, being amongst the confused people in the room.

"I keep forgetting stuff." She shrugged. "Like... really basic stuff."

"The vines." Mike then said. "They set them on fire."

"Yeah, and?" Hopper shrugged.

"Toni's linked to the upside down, it... she is the upside down, it makes sense that burning those vines would make a problem. Maybe burning them made her loose some of her memory."

"No, I-" She began. "It's still in there, just... out of order, y'know, like putting a completed jigsaw into a box and shaking it up... and I know you're frustrated with me, and I know it's kinda upsetting for some of you, but I'm trying my hardest, I swear to god."

"Nobody is blaming you, sweetheart." Joyce smiled. "We'll figure it out." She nodded, looking to the floor. As she did, she noticed a dice wedged between the floorboards, and reached down for it, holding it between her fingers as she examined it. She then gasped, taking off out of the room momentarily, before reappearing with Will's rule book in her arms, quickly flicking through the pages. "What are you doing?"