Chapter 24

warnings: blood

"it better be who i think it is" Toji stops the car and gets out before you could, it made you feel nice seeing how much he cared.

You both hurry up the stairs and swing your door open.

"where the hell were you?" You ask your stressed looking ex.

"my moms condition got worse... i had to take care of her" He replies, surprisingly calm.

"so your phone wasn't working either?"

"why would i answer when i have her to worry about? do you think of anyone else? or are you still too caught up in yourself?" He spat.

Words like that from him used to hurt you. It used to make you feel like you weren't as pretty as everyone made you out to be.

But you've changed, and clearly he doesn't realize that.

"funny you say that actually" You sit on your ottoman.

"did you know that when someone has a court date" Kim starts. "the lawyers will get in contact with anyone you know?" She smiled with many blinks.

"the firm didn't even need to call your mother, she called me the next day to check up on me. she said she was doing great" You say to Aiko.

His face went from sad to unfazed. "she loved to keep it from others" He shrugs.

"Aiko, we could call her right now. i'm still listed as her daughter" You pull your phone out.

"whatever, look im sorry okay!" He runs a hand through his hair. "you can be such a bitch.."

"sorry for... what exactly?" You question. If you could get him to admit that he leaked the photos, you'd be ecstatic.

"for lying about her" He huffed. "but believe me or not, i didn't leak those photos, i have no clue how they got out, honestly" He put his hands up.

"if that's true, why did you run the minute that the flames started?" You raise an eyebrow.

"..." He looks away.

"i say he's guilty" Kim shrugs.

"will you shut up?"

"will you speak up? (Y/N) just asked a question" Toji crossed his arms as he spoke with a harsh tone.

"and you're supposed to be her boyfriend now?" Aiko scoffs. "you're a joke"

"so are your strokes, i heard" Toji replied. You put a hand on his chest, making him take a few steps back.

"he's right... about all of it. but focusing on your answer" You clear your throat.

"i just can't say"

"well it doesn't matter to us anymore now, we've already contacted the firm that you're in town and ready for the case." Kim rested her head on her fist.

"fuck this" Aiko gets up and pushes past both you and Toji. Toji whips him around by the shoulder and grabs his collar.

"watch where you're going" He hit Aikos head against the wall with the last word.

"Toji-"

"shit!" Thou curses and interrupts you. Aiko punched him in the mouth. Toji wiped his lip and checked his thumb, seeing the blood.

"heh" Was all that was said before the two of them started fighting. Thankfully, not many things were broken in your possession.

Both men were around the same height but Aiko clearly had awful balance and stamina. But he used his words to take low blows at Toji.