idea dump for raph x reader

Hanahaki fic moment bc i couldn't think of anything else, i probably will start writing the fic by next month or so I just wanted to write down what I was thinking abt earlier today

Raph x Reader
Tw: mentions of blood

—————————————————————

2nd person pov

Raph was upset.

You had just gotten back from a fight, and you were hurt.

Like you have to stay in medbay for a couple of days hurt.

Raph was.. sad.

He was beating himself up because of it.

He couldn't protect you, protect Y/n, protect his family.

And that's where you come in... because you didn't exactly consider him family.

You had confessed to him a while back, it's been a couple of weeks and you've had coughing fits.

He obviously saw you as family, telling you he didn't love you back.

That was okay!

That was okay... right?

No.

You've been coughing up blood alongside red roses and pale red carnations, not having told anybody.

Just told them that you were 'coming down with a cold' and 'my throat isn't better yet sorry guys'.

Only one of them actually noticed.

The purple one, your best friend.

It wasn't long after you were in medbay that you woke up, him quietly working beside you, awaiting your waking.

You tried to say something, but no. You brought up your hands up to your mouth by reflex, coughing up the usual.

The usual full bloom flowers with a lot of blood.

The roses hurt so much, you knew the full bloom roses were hurting you, and the thorns were slowly ripping your insides as you threw them up.

This time, there were only roses. Some petals and one rose with somewhat of a stem. And blood. A lot of blood.

Donnie's attention was on you, panicking and not knowing what to do other than watch you stare at the flower.

"D... Did you just cough that up?" He spoke up.

His voice was.. far away? But he was right beside you, how could he sound as if he were far away?

"Mhm.." You hummed.

You looked at Donnie as he was moving, immediately pulling out his phone and typing.

"Dee—" You coughed, coughing up some carnations and blood.

"Please don't tell the guys. They don't need to know." You said, your eyes pleading with him.

He made eye contact with you, unsure of what to do.

"Do you even know what you have?" He sounded... frustrated. Afraid, even.

"No, no. But I'm okay. You know me!" You grinned, trying to lighten the mood. "You know your good ol' Y/n always bounces back!" You playfully (and lightly) punched his arm.

You decided to take a look at your surroundings as he was researching on his phone.

You were in medbay, obviously, and in the bed, they had found.