Chapter 2: this is what heartbreak feels like

Yachi POV

"Hello?"

"Hi Shimizu-senpai.."

"Hitoka? What's wrong?" your senpai asks.

"M-my boyfriend..."

"Oh Hitoka-chan... I'm on my way to you right now."

Yeah, you have a boyfriend. Big surprise, counting that you're one of the most shy people in the world.

He was a secret boyfriend, he didn't like it that your relationship wasn't revealed to others, but he understood the pressure that would cause upon you. Shimizu-senpai was the only one who knew.

Sure, you weren't always a happy couple...But you had one...

Until she arrived. The perfect girl for him.

Kring kring! Kring kring!

"It's him," you mumble.

You didn't want to answer his call, you wanted to leave him hanging forever. But you didn't. You just had to answer the damn phone.

"H-hello?"

"Hey Hitoka! Are we still up for that date this weekend?"

He doesn't know. He doesn't know that you know. You wished you didn't know. But somehow, it was a good thing you knew.

"Misano-kun...we need to break up," you whimper, hearing a crack in your voice. Shit. You didn't plan on telling him this way.

"What?! What do you mean, Hitoka?! I'm sorry if I don't pay enough attention to you- do I need to change the way I act?!"

Boy does this boy act good.

"It's not that Misano...you cheated on me," you say, just as Shimizu enters the room.

"WHAT?!"

"Hang up, Hitoka-chan," Shimizu orders.

"B-but-"

She grabs the phone from your shaking hands, and puts it to her ears.

"Okiyano Misano, you are one of the worst scum on earth. If you ever contact Hitoka-chan again, I will personally send each person from the volleyball club to you," Shimizu seethes, then hangs up.

"He didn't deserve you, Hitoka-chan," she then proceeds to say.

"I don't deserve anyone..." you whisper under your breath.

Then you meet him again. In school. Just as you're about to have lunch with the other first years in the club. Just your luck.

Shimizu explained the situation to the club members, Hinata, Kageyama, Tsukishima, and Yamaguchi are all getting ready to pounce at him. But you stop them. For what?

He's about to speak.

But you stop him.

For what?

Are you looking for another chance for him to redeem himself?

"Pretty little liar~"

"Ah so you admit I'm pretty?" the boy chuckles.

"What you gonna say?" You say, slowly approaching him.

"Tell me that you love me,

Lying to my face," you say, remembering all those times he said he was busy but he was actually going out with his other girlfriend.

"I know you double-crossed me.

Boy, you're such a fake, what a shame.

Guess my lover was a snake!" You say, turning on your heel and leaving him behind, the other first years following behind you.