Cute conversations

Enid

A couple days ago I returned to Nevermoor for the new semester. I was sharing a room with Wednesday again, but after the end of last semester I couldn't look at her the same way.

I had a free period since Miss Thornhill turned out to be a psycho crazy bitch. I decided to go for a walk. I walked through the woods for a while until I found a clearing. I sat down and lent against a big oak tree to think.

"Enid?" Wednesday's voice came from the otherside of the tree. I sat still hoping she would leave. "Being alone in a quiet place is my thing. What are you up to?" She asked me, as she walked round the tree. She took a seat next to me, careful to leave a gap. "Just thinking. I didn't mean to worry anyone sorry" I replied.

"Hmm, what about?" She asked, I paused wondering if I should go ahead with this conversation. "Something you told me awhile back" I said "Oh? What did I say?" Wednesday asked in her usual monotone voice. "Enid... The mark you have left on me is indelible" I said, repeating the words she had said to me before she left last semester.

"...Yes. I do remember saying something along those lines" Wednesday said and I missed the slight pauses in her sentence and how she started fiddling with her fingers and looking away. "And like I was wondering what that actually means... I know it's kinda silly, but" I said before Wednesday cut me off.  She putt her hand on my cheek, running her fingers over the scratches that were left from the fight.

She sighed before talking "It means that, even if I tried with all the strength within me... I wouldn't be able to forget you" she said. She then pulled me into her and kissed me softly. I melted into the kiss revaling in the feeling of her lips on mine.

When we pulled away from each other I smiled at her. "Wow" I said, "Mhm, that was... tolerable" Wednesday said, leaning back up against the tree again. I chuckled and leaned my head on her shoulder.

If someone else was to do this to Wednesday would probably slit their throat or something a lot more disgusting. But for me I know she has a soft spot and it's adorable.

Me and Wednesday sat against the tree happily enjoying each others company.