Chapter 28

Wanda and Vision are looking out the window at HQ after a distant explosion lights the up for a moment.

"What is it?" Wanda asks.

"Stay here, please."

Vision goes. Suddenly, Wanda compels a knife the room. It stops dead in front of Clint's head.

"Guess I should've knocked," Clint says.

"Oh, my God!" Wanda exclaims. "What are you doing here?"

"Disappointing my kids," Clint replies and he shows arrows on both sides of the room. "I'm supposed to be helping Katie build a dollhouse and helping Banner see how powerful Clark's gonna be." He starts walking. "Cap and my Mary need our help. Come on."

"Clint!" Vision says, both Wanda and Clint stop. "You should not be here."

Clint runs around to look at Vision. "Really?" He asks. "I retire for, what, like five minutes, and it all goes to shit, even with Mary around."

"Please consider the consequences of your actions," Vision says.

"Okay, they're considered," Clint replies. "Okay, we gotta go," he adds. vision is held in a force field, crackling and sparkling between two arrows. "It's this way,"

"I've caused enough problems," Wanda says, her brother is with Tony in Queens to send Peter Parker, aka Spiderman, to Germany.

Clint runs back from the door, crowning. "You gotta help me, Wanda," he says. "Look. You wanna mop, you can go to high school. You wanna make amends, you get off your ass."

"Shit..." Clint says.

Vision breaks through the force field with their minds tone. They punch Clint to the floor but Clint quickly recovers.

"I knew I should have stretched," Clint says and he extends a baton.

He tried to hit Vision but his leg goes right through him. Vision gets Clint into a headlock after a few minutes.

"Clint, you can't overpower me," Vision says.

"I know I can't," Clint admits. "But she can."

"Vision, that's enough," Wanda says. "Let him go. I'm leaving."

"I can't let you."

Wanda holds her hands apart, glowing with energy, "I'm sorry," she says as Clint slips from Vision's grasp.

"If you do this..." Vision falters. "They will never stop being afraid of you."

"I can't control their fear, only my own," Wanda says. She moves closer and Vision glows from within and crashes through the floor, and several floors beneath, Wanda and Clint stand over the holes in the floors.

"Oh... come on," Clint says. "We got one more stop."