Chapter 14 | She Makes a Move

March 30th, 2013

March 30th, 2013

(Cronus Lycoris) 

His fists rasped against the hardwood door.

Cronus stood in front of Riot's door. He gave her around 15 minutes to cool herself down before coming back. Lucifer was long gone.

Letting Riot cool down before he had a civil discussion with her became normal. He needed Lucifer to point it out to make him realize it. At this point, the sun had officially set, and street lights had turned on.

The cool breeze from the night tickled his skin. Every time he finds himself waiting in nature- he blends into it and takes in every detail. Perhaps he is more of a werewolf than he thought.

The opening of the door distracted him from his thoughts. 

In front of him stood Riot. She wore a black sports bra and boxers. H struggled to keep his eyes on her face. Riot lifted her hand and scratched her scalp, and with a grunt, walked back toward her bed. 
Cronus took this as an offer to come inside. He politely closed the door behind him. "Hey." He greeted softly as if waiting for her to scream at any moment. She only hummed. Riot picked up a hand-made knife and wooden sculpture off the bed.

She delicately scraped pieces off the wood, forming the appearance of a white-tail deer with proud antlers. It looked far from finished.

He sat down on the bed next to the she-wolf. "That looks beautiful." 

Riot pursed her lips. She suddenly stops sculpting and squeezes her eyes shut. He stared at her thinking expression with curiosity. Just as he opened his lips to talk- she put her things aside and turned to face him.

"Look-" The she-wolf adverted her eyes and fidgeted with the hem of her pants. "I'm sorry." 

His chocolate eyebrows raised with surprise. Did she just apologize to him? Again, she spoke before he could. "I was... rude." She reluctantly admitted, "He was right... I was a cunt." 

Cronus chuckled amusingly. "So was he." He lifted his leg and rested his heel against the frame below the mattress. "You're both pissy people." 

Another shocker- a smile she tried to fight back perked her lips. She looked down at her hands. This moment of vulnerability made her look- beautiful. Her beautiful face was as delicate as a flower when she wasn't scowling angrily.
"Stop that." She muttered. He blinked at her with parted lips, "Stop what?" He asked. Riot lifted her legs to cross them on the bed. "You're staring at me." She shifted. Cronus smiled, "But you're pretty." 

He adored the cherry blush that infiltrated her cheeks. Her teeth nibbled her bottom lip, "Thank you." Riot whispered.

There were so many milestones going on right now. She apologized, she accepted a compliment, and he's seeing a new vulnerable side of Riot.

Midas cooed adoringly. He found his eyes drifting toward her lips- oh, how warm and soft they must feel. When he looked back up, her eyes were attached to his lips too. Leaning toward her, his tongue flicked out to lick his lips. 
Riot's blue eyes darkened significantly. He couldn't help himself anymore. Cronus softly grasped her chin and delicately took her lips in his own. Cold fingers feathered against the nape of his neck, leaving tingles in their wake.

Her lips were soft like pudding. Every time they moved, he felt like he was going deeper into a trance. 

His screaming lungs reminded him he needed to breathe. Tilting his head- Cronus backed his head up. The satisfying 'chu' was exactly what he wanted to hear.

Riot shifted in front of him. Her hooded eyes gazed at him longingly, hands placed on his shoulder and chest. Did that really happen? It felt like a dream.

Surpsinging him- she leaned back in and met his lips again. Their softness lulled him into a trance as he shifted his head to the side and pressed in further. Once more, his lungs were screaming for air; they had to part.
He lost himself in her eyes. The cooing from his wolf hadn't stopped, and he felt as if he could hear hers, too. "Can you do that thing again?" Her sensual voice broke him from his trance. Cronus lifted an eyebrow in question.

"When...  you were holding me." She muttered. Immediately, he recalled.

Cronus leaned around her head and buried his nose into her neck. His lips feathered kisses along her skin, from her collar to her bottom jaw. Riot's hands held onto his shoulders, her legs wiggling as she enjoyed his affection.

Midas begged for a chance at control- but he fought him off. Either it was greed or reason; he didn't know. 

Cronus only knew he wouldn't trade her for the world.