1 4 ~ f o u r t e e n ~ 1 4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

G O O D B Y E ^ F O R ^ N O W

RAELYNN'S POV:

I CANNOT BELIEVE I just did that.

I continued to walk around, the ring I took bouncing around in my pocket.

At this point in our "late night adventure", Vivian had walked away for a bit, leaving me wandering about on my own.

I was observing the store, in a somewhat panicky tone, when I stumbled upon Vi talking to a security guard.

That's a bit odd..

VIVIAN'S POV:

"I'll be right back!" I told Rae, walking off into the distance.

Things had gotten a little boring tonight, so I decided to "shake things up".

Starting with Raelynn stealing that ring left on the counter.

And with that not being enough, I had a super funny idea.

What if security was just chasing Rae through the mall while she's running like a maniac.

Then, that idea was put into action.

Trying to hold back my laugh as I made my way to the security guard, I said, "Exuse me, sir," He tilted his head town to look as me while he towered over me. "Do you see that girl over there?"

"The one in the red top?"

"Yes, that's the one. I think she stole something off of the counter."

The tall man made his way toward Raelynn.

I quickly rushed to get Leah and Sophie.

This is going to get good.

RAELYNN'S POV:

Already shaking with fear, my heart rate rises at a security guard nearby starts staring at me.

I took a quick glance around me to see if it was actually me he was looking at. Until I heard heavy footsteps making their way towards me.

Suddenly my two feet that had glued to the ground made a run for it.

I ended up passing Vivian on the way, giving her a "How could you do this?" look as she stood laughing with Sophie and Leah.

I approached the front doors, grabbing my skates and getting as far as I could away from that place.

I wasn't sure if I was going so fast because I was scared or embarrassed.

I mix of both I suppose.

✿◉●•◦•●◉✿

After what felt like years of skating, I somehow ended up on my street, houses away from my own.

I stood still breathing heavily with my hand on my knees.

I had gotten away. Escaped.

Or I thought so. Up until I saw red and blue lights in the reflection of a puddle.

I quickly whipped my head around, realizing it was too late.

Memories flashed into my head from the last time this went down.

I so very badly wanted to drop to my knees and cry, but I couldn't. I tried but, I couldn't.

My body stood frozen, eyes wide, face full of terror.

I failed once again.

"Don't move a muscle. Put your hands up."

I did as was told, tears threatening to escape my eyes.

It wasn't long before people crowded around. Most likely gathered by Tina.

What broke my heart the most wasn't even seeing my own mother father and brother standing in worry and regret, but Jake and his family being so confused and scared.

And there they were, the tears fell from my eyes, rolling down my cheeks.

The police searched my body and found the cause of this.

The ring.

I didn't even care about what the cops were saying, or the neighbors, or my parents.

No, I didn't care about any of that.

I was too focused on the one boy I needed all along. Pushing his way through the crowd to get to me.

"Raelynn!"

He came up to me embracing me with his warm breath.

"I'm so so so sorry. I'm a screw up. I-I..." I paused. "Jake I'm sorry!" Everything slipped out.

We rested our foreheads together, staring deep in thought, speechless.

He leaned in and softly resting his lips on mine.

"I love you so much, I'll keep you safe, everything will be okay."

He said, stroking my head.

"Excuse me boy, but I'm going to need you to back away."

"No! I'm not leaving her! Please don't make me!" 

Tom and Charlie pulled him away as he grabbed on to me wet tear droplets running down his red cheeks. "Please! I love her!"

My eyes went blurry and the next thing I know, I'm in the backseat of a car, lights flashing around me, yelling and screaming everywhere.

At that moment, the only thought in my head was,

Why me?

I finally finished this book!!!!! I will be making a prologue thought so stay for that. I am also very sorry about the cliffhanger but...I had to! Just wait till what's coming next!

W O R D ^ C O U N T - 7 8 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- вℝ𝒾!