Meeting the family

Aria tried to go about her day, not thinking about the horrors that were awaiting her that afternoon but of course that ended up holding up most of her mind. She and Regulus were doing homework but she just couldn't concentrate on it, so while they were mapping out mars moons on a map (obviously) for Astronomy had Aria taken the liberty to ask a few questions.

"So Reggie, what is your family like?" She asked, trying to sound casual. Regulus looked at her questionably but answered all the same.

"Well you've meet my parents, and most of the family are like that. Some more laid back than others but they all share the same superiority in their aura." He said, sounding a little annoyed about talking about it and went back to mapping moons. Aria however was not done just yet.

"But how will they react to me being there? Don't they hate my family?" Aria asked anxiously. Regulus could tell how nervous the girl was and put a hand on hers, something he always did when she was nervous in school.

"Well yes," Aria looked at him with big scared eyes "BUT they have never meet you, you are a pureblood, you posses the same energy and superior aura as them, yours is just more toned down which in my opinion is just a lot more powerful. Once they learn that you are in Slytherin like me and the rest of the kids they will warm up to you, I promise" his words seemed to calm her down. But only temporarily as new worries started to emerge in her brain.

"But wha if-" she started but was cut of by her friend.

"No! This thinking is not going to help you okey. You are amazing and perfect, they will like you" he said making a point to it and they went back to doing astronomy. Aria smiled to herself, it made her really happy that Regulus really cared about her and made sure to tell her that it was all going to be fine. They finished their homework in silence and then moved on to reading until Regulus house elf, Kreacher, walked into the library where they sat and told them that Walburga and Orion wanted to see them downstairs.

They closed their books and walked downstairs, also that in silence. Once they were downstairs were they meet with a sight of a long table that was made in dish perfection making Aria question if it was really made by a human. Walburga and Orion stood by the table, looking proper and proud as ever. While looking around had Aria noticed that there was a cabinet backed against the wall in a corner behind the tables end. The cabinet was made out of a black wood and had silver handles, in it was a bunch of different bowls and glasses. They were clearly meant for some type of fancy occasion, and it seemed that this dinner was one of those fancy occasions.

"Ah, your here, grate. I only really called you down to tell you a few things, and so that your Aria, have some kind of idea what is going on. The guests will arrive at 6:00 pm, so in just about two hours, and I need you to look your best tonight. Kreatcher will help you in a little while. Aria, you will just need to sit next to me at the end of the table on my right side. It's extremely important that you sit on my right side. Regulus and Orion will be sitting on the other side of the table, at the head of the table. And I assume that you know simple table manners, yes?" The three family members turned to her. She needed to think, her mom never really taught her about that. She only knows the really basic things, like don't put your elbows on the table and that you eat with the fowl on the left and so on but the fancy stuff like witch spoon to use in different parts of the meal.

"I only know the basics like in which hand my knife should be in when I eat." She answered carefully. Walburga and Orion visibly relaxed a little.

"Well, Regulus will just have to teach that to you quickly before the guests arrive. Also, I want you down here when they come, Aria you will be standing next to me on the outside. So they meet you and get your name. They all know that you will be here and have approves of it so it will not be a surprise for them." Walburga went on, she went on to tell them other things like who will be coming, which to Aria, sounded like a lot of people and seemed a little excessive but she also knew that the Black family were known for being very extravagant so the let it slide. She then shooed them away to get ready, Krecher was already waiting for them in Arias room where he had laid up an outfit she would be wearing that evening. It was a beautiful, elegant dark green dress that reached to about her ankles, maybe a little shorter, next to it laid also a pair of black shoes that had a little heal and there was also a bow that matched the dress color perfectly. On her desk laid a few pieces of jewellery. Kreatcher and Regulus left the room so she could get dressed, she just stared at the dress for a few more seconds and then composed herself and put it on. Truth be told, she was scared that it was going to rip or something while she was putting it on. But she found that when she put it on it fit her like a glove. She was shocked. She then called in Kreacher so he could help her with the corset on the back of her dress. When he was done with it had he walked out to get Walburga so she could help Aria with the hair situation. While she was waiting did she look in the mirror, her glasses looked dirty, but she didn't have anything to fix that sense she accidentally left it at Hogwarts a few hours prior. She sighed heavily. She knew there was some spell that could fix it but she didn't know it yet, maybe she could ask Walburga? No, it seemed like a risk. This woman had let her stay at her home, she was not about to ask her for more favours than necessary.