Chapter 1: Backstory

A blue blur races across the forest, waking any and all animals. He sees a mountain with palm trees. "Guess this is a good place to stay for the night." He made a little shelter

A/n: His shelter is sort of like a mini house made of wood, by the way.

"Ah, good as new... well, almost." Sonic said. He went to sleep in the shelter.

He woke up in the morning and the sun was shining. Sonic was ready to run around again, but a tiny roar stopped him.

It was a cub! A tiny, orange cub!

"roar! Grr..Roar!" She tried roaring for help, but no luck. Sonic was immediately afraid since Hedgehogs and Lions don't exactly mix.

He hides behind a tree but accidentally steps on a twig. His green eyes and her blue eyes met each other, as if willing to become friends instantly.

She didn't approve as, likewise, she was scared of the hedgehog. Sonic walked towards her. "H-hey,"

"Grrrr! Grr grrr!" She growled. Sonic backed up. But when she tried to bite the chains it pinched her.

"Roar!" She yelped. She whimpered as Sonic broke the chains, which pained her in a pinch. She got unconscious by the pain and Sonic brought her back.

She backed up immediately when she woke up. "Grrr!! D-don't hurt me! I'll hurt you grrr grr grrr!" She growled, trying to intimate a grown up lioness.

"Grrrr, roar!"

"I-Im not trying to hurt you! I swear!" Sonic said while backing up. The cub backed down. "O-okay," She said.

"What's your name?" Sonic asked. "I-I'm Nyota," Nyota said.

"I'm Sonic, Sonic the Hedgehog." Sonic said. "Where's your parents?"

"I... don't remember..." Nyota confessed.

"Maybe you can stay here at this shelter I created, I could fix it up for you." Nyota seemed sad. "Your not staying?" She looked at him.

"I don't usually stay in one place for long. You see, I fight this evil maniac named Eggman. Really Evil, such a doofus."

"Oh my God, you are so COOL!" Nyota grinned.

Nyota went to sleep again. Sonic smiled at the lioness cub as he went to sleep too.

The next day, Sonic made chili dogs. Nyota looked at them curiously. She started playing with them since she didn't know what to do with them.

Sonic burst into laughter. "Roar, grrrrr!" Nyota rolled around and pounced on the chili dog. "You eat 'em, not play with 'em!" Sonic said. Nyota looked up at him and took a bite.

Nyota ate like she hadn't ate in years. Sonic began eating his chili dog.

Some days later, Sonic decided to stay at Green Hill and the two felt like adoptive siblings. Different, but together.