Part 4

The next day, Mario got up at sunrise and went to the garage. He knew the sooner they left, the better. During the day, they could only hit guns from Brawser. It was much worse at night.
By the time he reached the garage, the princess was ready. She was sitting in the car waiting for him. The woman was nowhere to be found
- Let's a-go. - he said as he got behind the wheel.

And they set off.

At first they drove through the city. The princess, although she still didn't say anything, after a long moment began to look around curiously. And she had reasons for it. The sun had barely risen, so it was still quite low on the horizon. Its rays lazily fell on the buildings, illuminating their walls covered with fungus, and showing all their imperfections resulting from abandonment. Most of the buildings had no windows, were empty inside, dirty and very often collapsed. Here and there, on the lower floors, you could see hanging towels or blankets, tourist cookers, children's drawings or other such things, showing that someone was trying to deal with reality there. The ugliness of the buildings grotesquely corresponded with the beauty of the natural elements of this landscape. The sky was exceptionally cloudless and clear that day, and the vegetation growing over the ruins shimmered red and green in the glow of the rising sun. It was a wonderful sight indeed.
The princess was clearly enchanted by this sight. It was as if she had never seen anything like it. And so it was. The girl had not yet seen the back of the ruins, or such a sunrise, or anything at all, she had not seen the city.
When she was little, before Bowser took over, she never left her castle. This was because even then the King and Queen sensed that something bad might happen. They knew that Bowser was planning to seize power and that he might want to kidnap their daughter. That's why they hired a babysitter to protect her at all costs and forbade her to leave the castle. However, Bowser did not give up. After a few years, he managed to build an army with which he attacked the castle.
During the attack, the King and Queen died, but not before they managed to give their last instructions to the babysitter. She was to go with the princess to the queen's sister.
The princess and her guardian moved very discreetly, thanks to which they had a better chance of survival. Unfortunately, the Queen's sister's castle was also seized. Bowser was quickly conquering the kingdom. The princess and the guardian decided that it was better to hide and wait out Bowser's wrath, hoping that after some time he would become less attentive, and then the princess as the rightful ruler would return to the castle and throw him off the throne. So they waited, living in a remote area or even a wasteland, but they were not allowed to reach their goal. After some time, the babysitter began to suffer from an unknown illness. So they had to leave their hiding place and find a doctor. They went to the medicine man who was the closest possible option. He told them that the babysitter was not many days old and that the princess had to go to Rainbow Road, because only if she managed to cross it would she take power from Bawser.
Throughout all these years, the princess was not allowed to see much. She could not leave the hideout and the castle, and she only traveled at night. She did not go to markets, shops, schools, cinemas, theaters or restaurants. She hasn't even seen 20 strangers so far. She understood that she had to do this for her own good, but that didn't make things any easier. She still felt unsatisfied, wanted to know more, wanted to know her kingdom. Therefore, every minute of the journey through the city filled her with delight.