Part 1: Plain Jane

I sat in my dorm room, finishing up my homework it was only the first month of school so there wasn't much and now I'm completely bored and not to mention hot...oh August. I mean I'm happy that I made my schedule so that I would have plenty of free time. But maybe I wouldn't be so bored if I had some friends....ok so I have friends but I don't have those read your mind, take crazy pictures with and go on adventures and stuff friends, maybe that kind of stuff does only happen on T.V. and in stories. Sigh...oh the insanity called loneliness...I think I actually understand Simple Plan's 'I'm just a kid.'

Knock knock.

"hmmm wonder who that could be."

I got up from my bed in my sports bra and shorts not bothering to change....i would only be cautious if I thought a boy might see the hideousness known as my body, but why would a boy be at my door? They wouldn't.

"Sarah open the door!!!"....oh that would be my "frientor" friend and mentor together best of both worlds? Yea? No. ok...her name is Chelly bka Michelle, she is a junior. She decided to take me under her wing last year, I don't know why probably because I'm not hood but I'm also not a plastic stuck up biotch! Yay suburbia, that allowed me to be diverse, I guess we kind of grew on each other. But believe me we're like polar opposites. She's all 'I'm popular look at me' and I'm boring...real low key, well unless I let you in...but that's another story.

I opened the door and she rushed in my room and began talking. I shut the door and sat on my bed

"So what do you think I should do?" she questioned...seriously I should get paid for what I do, I'm 18 and I feel like Dr. Phil or something; there's always something wrong and people ALWAYS come to me.

"I'm sorry Chel I'm still trying to digest what you were saying, mind starting from the beginning and slowing down?" I asked with absolutely no emotion...with this girl it's never ending.

"Ugh! Sarah pay attention! So I like John but John likes Andrea and Andrea likes Paul but Paul has a thing for me and ugh why can't the right guy just like the right girl! Anywayz so Paul asked me out and Andrea was listening cause he was at our door and I told him I'd think about it and now she's being an asshole because he asked me out and not her!...but get this JOHN ASKED HER OUT! AND SHE SAID YES..SHE DIDN'T EVEN SAY SHE'LL THINK ABOUT IT, THAT BITCH SAID YES!..so what should I do?" she asked completely stunned.

See what I mean?

" ha ha and this is why I live in a single! 'I am living single-" I began only to be cut off

"SARAH!!" she yelled cutting me out from singing the "living single" theme song

"my bad,my bad. Well you could see if the boys want to double date, that way the both of you can watch the other and be happy to be in the presence of the boy you really like...umm and then you switch!"

I laughed trying to lighten the mood she always made these things seem like life or death situations. This...among other things...is why I don't date, never have. Granted no boy has ever asked me to....but that's ok, besides with school I don't have time for the drama. Drama is meant for the theatre.

"you are a genius! And you are also absolutely nuts, I don't get why you wont go out; it's like you never leave this room kiddo" she said with so much enthusiasm.

"oh so now I'm the kiddo, I wasn't the said kiddo when I was giving you advice just 'cause I'm not 19 yet doesn't mean I'm a kiddo you old bag!" I replied just as enthusiastically

"Don't change the subject Sarah! Seriously you always complain about not knowing anyone but you NEVER leave your room! Yes your room is awesome but leave it sometimes! You have a schedule that most sophomores, hell any student, would kill to have and what do you do with all that free time? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!" she ranted

"Actually...I do my school work, read, watch t.v., sleep, sometimes I even take random trips to the movies and go to the mall window shopping." I wittily remarked while smirking

"Stop being an asshole, I'm going to get you out of this room, LIVE A LITTLE! Well I'm going back to fix this mess, thanks for the advice." She said while exiting out the room

"You couldn't live without my advice!" I joked

She laughed "See you're hilarious, if you showed people who you were they'd love you" she closed the door.

I turned my music back on and logged onto my laptop

"well, Maggie"...I said to my Mac, yes I named her "looks like its just you and me again for the night...hmm any good fanfic?"

I scrolled and found a story that seemed like it had a decent plot and clicked.

~buzz buzz~

I picked up my cell and opened it

Heeeey bestie! how are things going for you this semester? please say you're finally loving New York. I'm loving my independence! i.e. the siggy lol ~Independent~

I smiled down at my phone, it was a text from my best friend from back home I missed her more than anything!

Bridge! I miss you! I loathe it here, ugh why my father won't just let me transfer to Florida with you I'll never know ~Invisible tears~

Sarah, you know good and well that he believes in the never quit rule. At least you're right across the bridge from home! ~Independent~

Ha ha ha well you know, And what's good in being close to home when you're not there?

Ntwayz ,sup with you Ivory? ~Invisible tears~ I texted using her nickname

Nothing much Ebony, just kickin it like a soccer ball... ~Independent~

lol yea im just coolin like a fridge, bored, miserable... you know the usual lol..bout to read fanfiction!!! ~Invisible tears~

We continued our chat of randomness for about 20 minutes and then she had to go...she was going to a party...sometimes I wished I was more like her. I laid across my bed with Maggie open and scrolled down the screen getting lost in the stories I love reading.

________