Chapter 1: An Eerie Feeling

Kion and Rani roared their hearts out. After a minute, they stopped and caught their breath. They weren't technically mates, just King and Queen. They would be if Kion proposed to Rani.

Rani nuzzled Kion, "I'm glad you are my king." "And I'm glad you're my queen," Kion smiled. They hopped off the rock.

Bunga ran up to Kion, "You're a king!" He shouted. "True, but I don't care. As long as I have Rani," Kion turned to his queen. Rani smiled.

Simba, Nala, Kiara, and Kovu walked up to the new King and Queen. "My son is a king," Simba smiled. He nuzzled Kion. Kiara squealed and tackled her brother to the ground.

Kion laughed. Kiara licked his face. "Kiara!" Kion groaned. Rani chuckled, "You two have a great connection." Kion smiled, "Yeah, we do." Kiara got off her younger brother.

"You guys are going to work great together," Nala smiled. Rani looked at Kion, "We already make a pretty good team."

"We sure do," Kion smirked. "Ok, son, we are going to stay for a bit, but then we have to go. Leaving the Pridelands without a King and Queen isn't such a great idea," Simba explained.

"Of course dad, I understand," Kion replied. Simba smiled at his son, "There is no one who deserves to be king more than you."

"Thanks dad," Kion smiled back.

"Are we going to party or what!" Kiara shouted. Everyone laughed. "Let's get this party started!"

A few hours later, the party ended. Everyone went back to their dens.

Kion and Rani started walking to the tree. "You know Kion, you're going to make a great king. The animals already love you," Rani said.

"I guess so. I just can't believe I rule a kingdom now," Kion replied still shocked.

"Hey don't worry," Rani nudged him, "You've got a queen to help." Kion smiled. He was glad that Rani was his friend, and was queen beside him.

Deep down, Kion knew he wanted to be more than friends with Rani. He could just never admit it. And it seemed Rani only liked him as a friend anyways.

Suddenly, Kion felt and eerie feeling. He stopped and looked around. "You ok Kion?" Rani looked at him. "I-I have this...feeling," Kion replied. He looked behind his back.

"Maybe it's just the nerves of being a king," Rani smiled. "Maybe..." Kion continued walking toward the tree with Rani.

Rani hopped on the rock. Kion didn't know if he should join her. After all, they weren't mates, and him sleeping by Rani might make her uncomfortable.

Rani chuckled, "You can sleep up here Kion." "You sure?" Kion asked uncertain. Rani smiled and nodded.

Kion climbed up onto the rock. He layed down. Rani moved closed to him and snuggled against him. Kion chuckled.

"You're so soft," Rani purred

"You're so soft," Rani purred. "And you're so warm," Kion wrapped him arms around her in a cuddle.

They both slowly drifted into sleep. But Kion couldn't get that eerie feeling out of his mind. He brushed it off.