2. Into The Woods

~(Y/N) POV~

~3 Hours Later...~

Goodness, I wish to be frustrated at Victor for not remembering his vows but all I feel is pity.

Pastor Galswells says annoyed, "Master Van Dort, from the beginning. Again."

The Everglots do not look excited at all, it's quite scary. Mother and Father look slightly irritated and exhausted but still continue to watch.

The Pastor recites the vows, "With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never empty for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way in darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine."

(Can't wait to say this at my future wedding omfg-)

Galswells looks at Victor and says, "Let us try it again."

Victor timidly replies, "Yes, sir."

He then attempts to light his candle but fails a few or more times.

Victor looks over to me and I give him a warm smile as he looks at everyone else. Mother and Father comment, asking if one of them should help him. I was debating on doing so but knew that he needed to do this himself.

Pastor Galswells clears his throat and Victor finally has his lit candle but extinguished the flame with a nervous laugh.

Everyone in the room, except for me and Victoria, groans in annoyance.

Pastor Galswells exclaim, "Continue!"

Just then, the doorbell rings. Pastor Galswells' eye twitches with irritation as Mr. Everglot orders Emil to get the door.

Pastor Galswells says irritated, "Let's just pick it up at the candle bit."

Emil gives a card to Mr. Everglot as a woman with a strange yet uneasy face walks in, her aura secretive and mysterious in a haunting way. It is as if she has dark secrets, secrets that would terrify any human.

The stranger says in a slightly sultry and low voice, "I haven't a head for dates. It seems I'm a day ahead for the ceremony."

I could hear Mr. Everglot whisper to his wife, "Is she from your side of the family?"

Mrs. Everglot answers, "I cannot recall. Emil, a seat for Lady Barkis."

Emil dashes to give Lady Barkis a seat as everyone stares at the woman for interrupting.

She waves her gloved hand and says, "Do carry on."

Pastor Galswells speaks up, "Let's try it again, shall we, Master Van Dort?"

Victor looks at the tall man nervously as Miss Victoria lights his candle for him and answers, "Yes, y-yes sir. Certainly."

Pastor Galswells growls, "Right."

Victor was oblivious for only a moment and switched hands.