09 | Newbies

The two best friends walk down the hallway, the older of the two skipping toward his locker while the other walked. The duo saw Soobin standing right in front of Yeonjun's locker, their common meeting place since it's the closest to the school's entrance.

They, however, noticed two new presences in front of Soobin. They couldn't see their faces since their backs were facing the duo. From what they could see, the two newbies were both boys, presumably freshmen.

Yeonjun had stopped skipping, instead walking at a moderately slow pace to help Beomgyu catch up.

"Yo, who are those people next to Soobin?" Yeonjun whispered when the younger had finally caught up.

"You're asking me like I know," Beomgyu deadpanned.

"Oh, shut up Nokia owner."

Beomgyu looked at his hyung in disbelief. He felt betrayed. What did him having a Nokia even have to do with this? Beomgyu swears Yeonjun wants a fight first thing in the morning.

"Yo, Soobin!" Yeonjun ditched Beomgyu and quickened his pace to get to Soobin.

The aforementioned, distracted with his two other friends, didn't notice the pink-haired male bounding closer until then. "Oh, Yeonjun hyung!"

Yeonjun smiled. "Hey, Bin. Who are these two?"

"These are my friends, Taehyun and Hueningkai. They just moved here from Ansan."

"Oh? Nice to meet you, I'm Yeonjun." He tilted his head down and gave a small wave. "But that's hyung to you." He pointed a stern finger.

The two youngest laughed. "Nice to meet you too, hyung," Hueningkai spoke. Taehyun just gave a small nod in agreement.

"Where's Beomgyu?" Soobin asked.

Before Yeonjun could answer a low voice was heard from behind the group. "I'm right here," he spoke in his typical tired Monday voice.

"Beomgyu, these are my friends from Ansan, Taehyun and Hueningkai."

Beomgyu lazily bowed at the two. "Nice to meet... you.." Beomgyu stared at the two with his mouth agape. He noticed that Taehyun was looking at him a bit skeptically. As if he was trying to remember something.

"Wait.. aren't you the oppa guy?"