Chapter One

She’s Not Afraid

Chapter One

{Elmira}

“El, are sure about this?” My cousin slash best friend asked, her voice laced with concern and worry.

“Adelaide,” I said warily, dragging my eyes from the TV screen toward her. “We’ve talked about this. I'm not doing it again.”

We were watching re-runs of Pretty Little Liars, both lying on my bed staring at the screen of the huge plasma TV across the room.

“It’s Addie, not Adelaide,” she frowned; crossing her arms as she usually did when she was extremely annoyed.

I had always thought her full name, Adelaide, was beautiful but Addie hated it when she was addressed so. She preferred Addie – short and sexy, as she once claimed.

“Addie, we’ve been spending too much time in Perth. They need us there,” I told her before she could annoy me any further with her endless questions and worries. She had been shooting me curious looks and asking me the same questions non-stop.  

“We have to go home,” I muttered, trying to convince myself. However, I still sounded unsure.

I didn’t want to go back home. Not now. Not when I was having the time of my life in Australia, where people didn't as much of glance back at me when I pass by. Australia was the place for me to escape...reality.

Addie sighed. “I don’t see why.”

“Where’s Adria?” I asked, trying to change the topic of our conversation. Addie was being her normal self – a pain in the a –

“Don’t change the subject!” Addie snapped. “Adria’s probably asleep in her room. She partied hard last night.”

Adria was Addie's twin sister, it was almost scary how much they looked exactly alike. But it wasn't hard to tell who's who. Addie's hair was sleek blonde, almost always French-braided and she was more matured-looking than Adria. Adria was the exact opposite of her sister, with a blonde hair that she had always loved to pull up in a messy bun, and a sassy attitude.

“Addie, trust me, okay? My mum called and she said us three are needed,” I explained. “As much as I hate going back home, to our old lifestyle, I have to. We have to.” I added, emphasizing the ‘we’.

It was true. I dreaded the day I had to board our family’s private jet and take off to our hometown. We were born and raised in London; we were from one of the richest families in the world. Imagine how our lives were like. Most girls my age would kill to switch life with me right now. I could have anything that I ever wanted – except, friends.

Honestly speaking, I hated my life in London. I hated everything about it, especially being chased by the reporters who had sworn with their lives to ruin mine.

Adria, Addie’s identical twin on the other hand, seemed to love all the attention, especially the chase. She was the only one out of the three of us who hated our little getaway in Perth. She whined about not being known and stuff.

She was also the most enthusiastic (or should I say the only one) to go back to England. She had missed all the attention, and not to mention, those super-rich, spoilt and arrogant hot guys.

Whatever.

“El?” Addie’s voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

“Huh?”

Addie smiled mischievously. “Since this is probably our last night in Perth, how about we go out clubbing?”

I raised an eyebrow. “Are you Adria trying to impersonate your sister?”