fifty

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 again the sun had risen over Hogwarts and the Great Hall filled with students after the first bell chimed. Breakfast was served and devoured by all the hungry students, leaving hardly anything left for those who were late to the hall.

My eyes drift from my now spotless plate to the boy beside me who hardly touched his own. Harry fiddled with the fork on the table making me nudge him on the shoulder softly. His eyes find mine and I flash him a soft smile which he returned with a notably forced one.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask the boy while scooting closer to him—my hand resting on his shoulder as I do so. Harry looked back down at his breakfast and began picking at the toast on the plate.

Unsurprisingly, he shook his head whilst looking back at me. "Honestly, no. I found out what the first task is."

At that, my eyes instantly widen, curiosity evident on my face. My hand falls from the boy's shoulder and onto my lap as I look at the anxiety forming on Harry's face. "You did? What is it?"

He paused for a second before his eyes find mind once more. "Dragons." With another pause he sighs, "Ron knew and didn't tell me anything."

In complete honesty, I had no idea how to respond to that. Ronald has seemed quite different since Harry was made a Triwizard champion, I assumed he was a little envious—not completely jealous.

I frowned which gave Harry the impression that I was clueless about what to say. He threw a fake smile on his face as he patted my knee before standing up out of his seat. "I'm going to go give the heads up about the first task to Cedric."

"I'll join you." I insisted while standing out of my seat to join him in exiting the Great Hall.

The two of us stroll through the halls—my eyes focussing on some students who were wearing some rather peculiar badges. Upon getting a closer look it was clear that they were insulting to Harry and uplifting to Cedric. Don't get me wrong, I was glad Cedric was getting praise for his courage, but Harry didn't deserve the petty treatment.

"Oi, Maxwell!" A voice from behind me called out, which made me turn around almost instantly upon realising who the voice belonged to. "Parkinson."

"Take one." Pansy Parkinson shoved a badge into my hands which made my blood instantly begin to boil. "You're bloody ridiculous." I roll my eyes, throwing the badge into the bin once she walks off.

Harry and I eventually made it to the halls near the courtyard where quite a few students were gathered. Many nasty remarks and crude comments were thrown Harry's way, and even I copped a few due to siding with him. Harry sent an honest apology my way—feeling incredibly terrible that I was getting called out for doing absolutely nothing.

"You stink, Potter." Cassius Warrington laughed as we walked passed him. "That's rich, coming from a pathetic excuse of a Quidditch Chaser." I snapped back as Harry and I go to walk out into the courtyard.

The two of us were quickly stopped by a group of Hufflepuffs. Hannah and Ernie blocked the way into the courtyard, filling the air with their obnoxious laughs. "Excuse me," Harry speaks, waiting for them to move out of the way—which they didn't.

"Would you lot just piss off?" I shove through the group of them, allowing Harry to follow behind me. This earned quite a few nasty remarks which I didn't really take to heart, cause they're Hufflepuff's.