prologue

"You gotta keep up burns." A boy said as he sprinted across the school yard. "I'm coming for you brookstone." Another boy said as he quickly followed him and after a few seconds he tackled the other boy and they both started laughing. "Zackary I can't believe you are leaving me." The boy said to the other boy while looking sad. "Oh Charlie don't worry I'll be back eventually." Zackary gave Charlie a quick peck on the mouth and stood up before he started to walk towards the store. "You just gonna leave me here zack?" Charlie layed on the ground trying to nudge zackary to come back and lay in the grass with him.

"Yeah I am but seriously hurry your butt up I ain't got all day." Zackary stood there and watched Charlie as he stood up and walked over to him and they finally made their way into the store. "Heya boys how's your day going?" The store owner asked them from behind the counter. "Oh you know it's going good but we're kinda down seeing as it Zack's last day here." Both of the boys were visibly upset but the store owner got an idea. "Alright if you two can smile for another ten minutes I'll let my husband Bobby drive you guys around in his police car." Ooh thank you miss Amanda we would appreciate that seeing as we both want to become sheriff's." Zackary smiled intensely but Charlie not so much. "Miss Amanda do you have any candy cigarettes?" Zack looked at Charlie with a confused look. "You just love them don't you?"

"Yeah I do but I want some to eat to pass the time because I don't want to be kissing you to pass the time." Charlie chuckled to himself while zackary just looked offended. "It's not like you wouldn't want that plus we're both 17 so still why do you want candy, technically if you wanted a real cigarette miss Amanda could give it to you." Charlie just looked. "Yeah I'll pass, I rather not die from lung cancer." Zackary walked out of the store and sat down and started humming a song while waiting for Charlie, eventually Charlie came outside and sat down on the ground eating his candy cigarettes. "Babe can you promise me something?" Zackary stopped humming and looked up. "Yeah what is it?" Charlie took a deep breath. "Wherever you go promise to remember me alright?" Zackary scooted over to Charlie and layed his head on his shoulder. "Of course I will my love... I will always remember you"

End of prologue
Words written: 439 words