When Loki wins

POV: Tony

Team games.

That's what we're doing. We're playing team games. HYDRA just attacked the street we're on. And we're playing team games. With Jarvis.

"Yes!" Thor yelled, having rolled matching symbols. Did I mention this game is for ages 3 and up?

"How do we decide who wins?" I asked Peter. "For the contest thing."

"We'll all get a point if we win. So it'll just count for when we do this again, when we're comparing scores," he explained. "Your turn, Mr. Barton!"

"So... is this going to be like an annual thing, or-"

"I was thinking like once a week, Mr. Stark. Then we can learn all the games. Your turn!"

I roll the dice unenthusiastically and play my turn.

"How about whoever wins on their turn gets the point?" Loki said, looking at the board with way too much focus for a kiddie board game.

"Yes, let's do that," Steve said, nodding. "Wait-"

"What?" Loki said innocently, the way he talked when he didn't even care if you knew he was lying. "That's the first time you agreed with me and you're in denial?"

"We're going to win on your turn!" Clint pointed out. Peter grabbed the dice.

"Nope, watch," he said, rolling. The icons didn't match, and he rolled again. "We're winning on my turn. Right now. It's going to be awesome."

He shakes the dice in his hands and closes his eyes, finally letting go to roll three mismatching symbols. The little fox token is three spaces away from the losing zone. I try not to laugh for the sake of the kid's dignity, but he's dying laughing anyways and I don't think he cares.

"I get to pick now?" Loki said, grinning in a childish way that put me- and everyone else- off. But Thor just shrugged.

"We're going around the circle, brother, so yes, I believe it is your turn," he said, ignoring everyone else's unsteady glances.

"Let's do... this one," he said, picking up Exploding Kittens. I didn't expect a pick like that, but we played it out, and somehow he ended up winning by lucky draws. Or maybe he stacked the deck. I wouldn't put it past him.

"So... exactly how many games are we playing, kid?" I asked, midway through a round of Uno. I was currently in second.

"Whatever you want, Mr. Stark. I was thinking we'd all pick, but as long as it's not a tie, we're all good."

"Okay, kid," I said, drawing from the deck. Was this how I anticipated my first day with my intern? No. Not at all.

"Haha, I win!" Loki said, slapping two matching cards onto the deck. Steve dropped his hand of mismatching colors, and Clint made his into a stack half the size of the deck.

"Come on. This is why we don't play Uno," he said, gesturing to the comparison.

"I know not the ways of board game night," Thor said, defending his pick. "Steve?"

"Let's do this one," he said, getting Axis and Allies. Peter dropped the Uno cards.

"That one takes forever. It's like, out for a month while you play hours and hours every day. I mean, if you really want to-"

"Pick again, Capsicle," I said, getting the kid to stop implying we could play that. Cap sighed and picked up a deck of cards.

"War? That's the only game I really know..."