●♥ 𝟚 ♥●

»»——♥——««

»»——♥——««

It wasn't what I was expecting. Not the way she flinched at my words, nor the way her eyebrows squished together as she looked at me. I stumbled back at her gaze. My heart pounded against my ribs like crazy. The realization of what was going on set in.

I understood how absurd the whole situation seemed. But with the waves of nausea hitting me, I did not appreciate my best friend looking at me like I had lost my marbles.

"Stop looking at me like that, Gail! I know how this sounds, okay?" I flipped, the muscles in my body tightening.

Abigail instantly pushed forward in her seat, her hands outstretched in a motion to grab my shoulders. To make me understand, perhaps? I wasn't really sure at that moment.

But I flinched, unable to take a condescending look, not with the tightness already building in my chest. And with the way, even the fluffy rugs beneath my curled fingers felt like sandpaper against my skin.

She cocked her head to the side, eyes drawing in with her lips turned downwards. "Come on, now. I don't think you're crazy. This is just..." she paused and turned to the laptop screen, then back at me. "It's..."

I jerked up from my position. There was no way I was going to let her give me one of her lectures on reality and otherwise. Because this was no teenage fantasy about seeing the man of your dreams, it was so much more than that. And there was only one way I could show her that.

So I rushed in to my room, opening up my bedside drawer where my evidence lay. I scooped a handful of the sketch pads there.

Her eyes widened once I ran back in, scrambling up from her position on the chair. "What in the... Eyi, are those what I think they are?"

I dumped them right in front of her on the sofa she previously occupied. My chest heaved in and out as I pointed to them. "Look at them, Abigail. Pick your choice and look at the pictures," I paused and pointed to the laptop screen, "Then take a look at him and tell me if I'm hallucinating."

"Okay, hold on." She took a step back with her hands raised. "This is getting..."

"Ridiculous? Crazy? I know. But just... Just look, please." My voice broke. The swirling emotions in me took a form I didn't even understand.