CHAPTER #1 - GROUPCHAT

Thunder clapped in small intervals between dribbling rain, that raced down windows and plummeted onto the pavement, creating a light pattering on the puddle-filled ground outside. The sky was angry and as grey and smokey as ashes. 

The scent of sweet fresh baked cookies filled the air, almost making up for the gloomy weather. KEL flopped onto the couch of the living room and pulled out his phone because mindlessly staring out the window wasn't going to make time go any faster. He opened Whatsapp (or whatever you want it to be, it honestly doesn't matter) and started scrolling back through all of the past group chats he had been in. 'Woah I've got a lotta group chats, cool!' KEL thought to himself as he smiled cheerfully.

As he quickly skimmed through them all, one name in particular caught his eye, 'The Meme Team B).' His eyes lit up as he remembered the conversations that remained, buried in sediments, in the historic of this chat. 

Curiosity got the better of him and he clicked on the chat, hoping to see messages where AUBREY was kind and SUNNY talked and BASIL talked non-stop about his gardening hobbies and MARI... MARI was still alive, everyone was happy, everyone was friends and everyone liked eachother...

It was a "conversation" between AUBREY and KEL, the last message was from KEL himself.

THE MEME TEAM B)

[Saturday 21st April 2019 ~11:25 ]  (Ik the story wasn't set in 2019, but I couldn't come up with a date, so I just put 4 years from the current)

Auberry: GUESS WHAT!? Mari let me try coffee today!! :D 

KoolKel: yk thst orange joe has cofee in ti 2 rgt? lols

Auberry: EW KEL!! Are you seriously trying to ruin it for me!?! Orange Joe is sooo disgusting, I can't even imagine!! Like, it's probably poinsonus or something!! Tell him Mari!!

KoolKel: no backup huh?????? hav u evn tried readeng the bck of the can!!!?!?

Auberry: She's probably just busy anyways!! And secondly, no I hav'nt!! That garbage is so garbagey I wouldn't even go near it!! 

KoolKel: ur so ridonkulous, LOLss

Auberry: Umm, 'ridonkulos' isn't even a word!!

KoolKel: 'garbagey' ist either and also ist 'ridonkuLOUS' not ridonkuLOS 

Auberry went offline 

'And I'm guessing that's when Mari died...' KEL thought solemnly. 'Wow, 2019 huh? That means it's been 4 years since the incident... and' he thought '4 years since SUNNY has come out of his house, he must be getting pretty lonely...' I have to make things right. If somebody gets us back together it will be me. It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be as close to happy as I can make it...

I will make this right. Right?

                                                                 .                          .                              .                          

Glistening brightly, the sun peeked out from behind the clouds and the road was scattered with slippery puddles, a memento of the damage done. An endless rainbow stretched across the cloudless sky reflecting prisms into all of the remaining raindrops. Chipper bird songs were carried through the breeze, travelling from one side of Faraway to the next.

AUBREY took of her cream coloured  jacket and tossed it onto one of the swings, so she could sit down without getting wet. The swing creaked, rusted from old age. Sitting cross-legged next to her KIM, a close companion and member of THE HOOLIGANS, a small group of teenage rebels, with a tough demeanor. 

From the few that were there, most of them were just on there phones or having small conversations amongst themselves. *DING* AUBREY picked up her phone. A message flashed across her lock screen, but not from anyone she would have expected. KEL? Since MARI'S death, the five of had mostly not been on speaking terms with AUBREY, except for when she bullied BASIL, or when KEL tried to speak to her in the hallways at school, but she kicked him in the shin (yttd reference/j) and continued with her conversation. So, it was quite a surprise to receive a message from him. 

To say the least, AUBREY simply rolled her eyes and flipped her phone back into the pocket of her worn jean skirt and continued to chat to KIM. About a minute passed before another ding emitted from her pocket, followed with a colourful flash. Reluctantly, AUBREY took the phone into her hand and this time, opened it into WhatsApp. 'What does this idiot want...' AUBREY muttered under her breath. 

THE MEME TEAM B)

[ Saturday 14th October ~ 3:15 ]

Kelslaw: Heyyyy, i know its bean agessssss but i thunk that we should B friendz again!! :D 

Kelslaw: aubrey plssss, i know ur online!!!!!!!!!!!

BERRYBITCH: what tf do you want dumbass 🙄

Kelslaw: OMG HIII ITS BEEN SOO LONG SINCE WE HAVE ACTUALLY TALKEDZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BERRYBITCH: omg hi- stfu

Kelslaw: what a goodway to greet your old friedz :(((((((

Kelslaw: anywayyyyzzzzzzzzzzzz @averagegardener @sunny @HeroSandwich

User HeroSandwich set their status to Do Not Disturb

BERRYBITCH: rude.

Kelslaw: uhh i think hes buzy w collage??

averagegardener: HI!! :D How is everyone doing?? 

Kelslaw: HEYYYY BAZZ!!!! BUD, HRUD????

averagegardener: "HRUD" ?

Kelslaw: How r u doin??????

averagegardener: ohhh!! I'm alright ty!! :)

Kelslaw: @sunny   comeeonnnn sunsyyyyyyy we need uuu to complete thiss :)))))))))))!!!!! 🙏😌

AUBERRY: come on you little shit, come online so this idiot will stfu 🙄

Kelslaw: plss sunsy, uk dat aubry didnt mean it!!!! :DDDDD

sunny: hi. 

sunny: and idk what Aubrey said. 

Kelslaw: OMGGGGGGGGGGGG HI SUNSYYYYYYY!!!!! I LITERALLY CANT BELIEVE THSI IS HAPPENING LIKE OMY THIS ISN SO CRSYCRAY !!!!!!!!!!!!! HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

sunny: hi kel. ig.

Kelslaw:    :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

AUBERRY: nice to c ya bud

sunny: bye guys.

Kelslaw: awwww :(((((((((( but u just got hereee!!!!!!!

averagegardener: yeah, sorry kel & aubrey but I kind of need to do the dishes. bye, ttyl :)

AUBERRY: yeahh, im gonna scoot too, my gangs all waiting for me. cya

Kelslaw: awwww :((((( bye... pls tlak later!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDD

Kelslaw: BYEYEEE

Kelslaw: 😁😁😁

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KEL slumped back onto the couch, feeling accomplished with todays efforts, a proud smile on his face. Today had been a busy day and it wouldn't be that long until HERO would be back from college, so hopefully things would be alright by then. 

[ A/N: Hi, hope you enjoyed the prologue, please tell me if you liked this and if you think I should continue with this story. If you have any ideas for future chapters, or if there is something you would like more or less of, feel free to ask! :) Thanks - Izzy]