Chapter 13

Harry's bedroom is just as big in front of him as the rest of the house and Louis pauses in the doorway to take it in. It's the only room in the house that feels cozier and more personal than the rest. He wasn't expecting the huge bed covered in light pink linens, yet it suits the man he's slowly but surely discovering behind the mean facade. There are lots of picture frames with different people on them on the window sill, as well as on the bedside table, and Louis would love to look at each one. The long curtains are gray with a fine floral print and his jewelry collection can be seen impressively on a white chest of drawers. On the walls are many pictures of different art styles that Louis has absolutely no idea about and even a rainbow flag on a door of his closet. There is so much to discover in this room that Louis doesn't notice how Harry, who stood next to him, is now walking around him, thus blocking his view of the room. Apparently he misinterpreted his stare as hesitation.

"Don't you like to stay here anymore?" he asks cautiously and with such a puppy look that Louis only becomes softer for him.

"Yes, sorry, I just had to let it sink in. I was just so surprised by your bedroom. It's completely different from the rest of the house. Much cozier to be honest."

"Here I can be myself. Here's what I like. But my other rooms are designed in such a way that they don't reveal anything about me when I have visitors. People often come and go here that I've seen at least once before, if I'm lucky, so I don't want it to reveal anything about me. You know, closet and all that," he says, and with his last sentence he twists his face into a frowning grimace.

Louis just nods, because he has absolutely no idea what it must be like for Harry to be in the closet, how long he's been in it and what it all means in detail. But he doesn't feel ready for this conversation tonight, the previous one was already enough for him and it actually all feels like a dream. Harry slowly pulls him into the room and Louis finds it difficult to comprehend the touches, which are so tender and careful this time. He wouldn't have thought it was possible that there was such a gentle being behind Harry Styles. When they stop in front of his bed and both stare down at it, as if it were a hurdle they both have to overcome, his heart starts beating faster again. As Harry's pinky loops around on his own, he finally looks up at Harry, who is already looking down at him. It's breathtaking, a very special magic between the two that also makes Harry breathe faster. His cheeks and the tip of his nose are rosy from the wine or his feelings, who knows, and his wild curls on his head, through which he kept running his hands on the terrace during their conversation.

"Would it be okay if I shower before we go to bed? I'm sweaty from the club," Louis asks, looking down at himself self-critically.

"Of course. May I accompany you?" Harry asks softly and scrunches his nose so sweetly at the question that of course he can't say no.

"Come on Styles," Louis winks and tries with all his might not to fall directly into bed with him and kiss him in oblivion. Because now he can and may, this time he doesn't have to hold back his tenderness like after the sex in Manhattan. Harry wants more - more from Louis and just the thought of it makes butterflies fly in his stomach. Though Louis doesn't want to get his hopes up too high as to whether they have a future together. First he wants to get to know Harry properly, the insults of the last few weeks are not completely forgotten and even if he now knows a little bit about the reason behind them, his mind advises caution. Louis is already too emotionally involved though, and while his heart is screaming at him to give himself fully to Harry, he's too mature and experienced enough to know they need to take their time.

While Louis is still lost in his thoughts, Harry has grabbed him around the waist and so the two of them go tightly to his en suite. Again, everything is luxuriously furnished, but here too, traces of Harry can be seen, just like in the bedroom. There is a large collection of nail polishes on a shelf and a pink and light purple bathrobe hanging next to the shower and they look so plush that Louis wants to snuggle up in them right away. Because of the alcohol in his body and all the new knowledge he got today, he feels tired.