Chapter 1: New Year, New Us

The lunar new year was here, the air was filled with festivity and joy. The parade had begun, with Mei, Sandy, Pigsy, and Tang all watching the parade. MK stayed behind with Monkey King in flower fruit mountain, enjoying the new year from afar. A notification popped on MK's phone, it was from Red Son, "Happy Lunar New Year Noodle boy!" Red Son and MK's friendship had slowly drifted from when Red Son moved away, they still talked but they were so absorbed with their own lives to frequently reply. Still, moments like these meant a lot to them.

🔥: Happy Lunar New Year Noodle boy!

🍜: Happy Lunar New Year to you too! How have you been last year?

🔥: Good! I made a couple of inventions, and I've also gotten better at baking.

🍜: That's good! You've also gotten better at texting lol

🔥: Hey my texting wasn't that bad!

🍜: Boi, you kept misspelling words.

🔥: I don't know what you're talking about. >:(

🍜: Does 'vones' ring a bell?

🔥: HEY! I WAS TIRED!

🍜: You wrote 'mail' instead of 'male'

🔥: SHUSH! NO!

They bantered like this for a while, Wukong was eating food he provided before peeking over at MK's phone, "Who dat?" MK flinched and fell to his side, "UH, that was just Red Son." "Oh yeah, Red Son! Forgot about them." MK frowns a bit before continuing their conversation.

🍜: Haha! Relax Red Boy, I'm just joking around.

🔥: I know. I gotta go now, my father and I are hanging out for the new year!

🍜: That's great! See ya Red!

🔥: See ya!

"Ooh! MK MK!" Wukong taps MK's shoulder repeatedly to get his attention, "What?" Wukong pulls him close and points to the city sky, Fireworks begin to explode in the distance, and cheers and music can be heard from the city. "Happy New Year!!" "Fireworks!" MK and Wukong both jump for joy at the sight of the fireworks. "Over a millennia and fireworks are still the best thing humans have invented!" Wukong plucks a bit of his fur and it transforms into a tray of sweets. "Uh- Am I eating hair right now?" Wukong grabs a piece to bite, "It's better not to think about it." MK spits out the 'treat', he looks back up to realize the fireworks have stopped. "What happened to the fireworks?"

MK uses his gold vision to see the city up close, the city appears almost demolished, with a humongous spider machine destroying the building with one step. "*GASP* The city!!" "The fireworks!!" MK turns to Wukong with an annoyed expression, "Oh. Uh. Also, people getting hurt. I guess." MK yanks out his staff, "Alright, I'll go take care of business." MK leaps off but Monkey King grabs him from his cloud and tosses him onto his back. "Whoa! What?" "Nobody messes with my New Year's. Let's go!"

(Spider Queen vs Wukong skipped because nothing changes.)

Meanwhile...
"Your food might have permanently damaged my taste buds!" A customer yells, blasting fire out of his mouth, "Why would you ever sell anything this hot!?" The customer repeatedly bangs the service bell, his hand is stopped by a familiar hand. It was Red Son, he wore pince-nez glasses, and their hair was mahogany red and tied in a high ponytail. She wore a red long-sleeved trench coat, underneath was his sleeve-less turtleneck from their second free day. Her pants were indigo with a purple belt with orange suspenders laying by the waist. Everything was topped off with a white, slightly greased apron and a baker's skull cap. They glared at the customer with a blank, uneasy stare which soon shifted into a heartfelt smile followed by a laugh.

"Oh, dear customer. The spice level was no mistake. I, Red Son, have devised the perfect culinary experience." Red Son spoke with flair and charisma, he wanted to start the new year with a fresh start to her life, in short, a "New year, new me" type of resolution. Red Son pulls out a chart with ranked spice levels for the meals: Very hot, boiling lava, Ripped DBK, Aussie heat, and INFERNO. "If you would direct your attention down at this chart here, it clearly ranks the spice level from "Very Hot" to "INFERNO!" Red Son pulls the chart back out of sight, "You ordered, "Very Hot." So..."

The customer slams his fist onto the desk, "But it's the lowest one!" Red Son feels himself flare up, negatively, their hair begins to glow as they loom over the customer, who shrinks from his spot. Red Son gives him a bitter glare, "Oh so I guess I meant to make barbecue for peasants, with little, unworthy, disappointing taste buds that shame their fathers." Red Son moves closer to the customer, her voice getting more aggressive with each word. "Is that it, huh!?" The customer attempts to act tough by reaching Red Son's eye level, "Look, I want to speak to the manager."

Red Son collects himself, and their hair extinguishes, and returns to normal, "Fine, fine. It's your funeral." Red Son presents the manager, the Demon Bull King, who also wore an apron with a baker's skull cap. DBK growls at the customer, and the customer quivers at the sight of him, "Uh I-I actually didn't need taste buds anyway so thank you for your service, and have a prosperous and fulfilling New Year." The customer runs away screaming, Red Son covers his face with his hands and sighs, "Father, you can't just scare away every single customer that complains. This is our chance at something great!"

"Great!? I am the Demon Bull King! What would you have me be? The King of Street Food?!" The father and son were inside a market tarp, turns out Red Son took Bull King out to sell spicy BBQ recipes she made, sadly not everyone had such a high tolerance for heat. "Well... yes? I mean after our incident months ago, I thought a fresh start was exactly what we needed." Red Son wraps their arm halfway behind his father's neck, "Just you and me working together, Father and Son! No evil plans, no talking bones. *Cough cough* No tombs." Red Son says the last under her breath, DBK hears it and gives an irk growl. Red Son steps back and awkwardly laughs, "Heh, sorry, fresh wound."

DBK grows a bit more irritated, not at his son but at himself, "Enough! I may have failed as a conqueror, but I will not be made a fool!" The spider mech from before arrives and destroys the stall behind them, Red Son flinches, "UH- Um, Father?" Demon Bull King turns to look, and seeing the mech, he is immediately snatched by webs, and DBK attempts to break free but is launched inside the core of the mech. "Father!" A Spider-Bot launches onto Red Son, as they fight with the bot, Red Son hits it with a flaming fist, making it explode. Before he burns it up. The case of venom lands in her hand.

They put it in their pocket and run off to a covered machine. Red Son yanks off the covers to reveal a mechanical jet, one of Red Son's latest creations, he called the Inferno Jet. "Sorry, Father. I will come back." Red Son revs his Jet and flies off, away from the city.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
STORY 2 HAS BEGUN!! Yeah, I didn't want to have you all wait and then I lose motivation so I wanted to feed you all. Also one thing, I will cut off some unchanged parts of the story, like Spider Queen's talk with DBK and Wukong, and maybe the twos interaction but idk. Oh yeah, Red Son's hair isn't its OG colour, since the Samadhi fire is darker I wanted to make her hair dark as well. I'll post a reference either on story 1 or here. Anyway, see you in the next chapter!