Thursday Night (Risotto x Reader x Abbacchio) 🍋

Thursdays were always problematic.  It is such an unfortunate day; the week is old and tired.  Friday and the weekend are so close, yet still so far away.  Just not the best day, especially for Y/N who owned and operated the bar, Good Goblet Taproom.  Hers was the only American saloon type bar in this part of Italy. 

It had been a quiet Thursday night at the bar despite the specials intended to entice people out on Friday eve.  Despite the slow traffic of patrons being bad for business, Y/N still appreciated the calm before the storm of the weekend.  She tended bar alone Thursdays, giving her other employees a day off before that storm hits each week. 

Wiping down the bar and doing a bit of organizing, re-stocking as she went she had busied herself to make the time pass.  She hummed along to the song overhead absentmindedly.  A voice from the bar growled out, "Y/N, gimme three shots!"  She knew that voice, he seemed grumpier than usual.  Turning with a genuine smile she saved for her favorite patrons, Y/N grabbed three shot glasses between her fingers and began pouring the amber liquid Risotto always drank.

Sliding them over to him, she asked, "How you been?  You seem a bit...gruff tonight."  Her hand briefly brushed the top of his.  He didn't respond to the contact.  Really bad day, she thought.  Although he didn't pull away either.  Last time he was like that she ended up having to be closed the next couple days to clean up the damage.  Had that been almost anyone else, she would have banned the person from ever returning.  But not Risotto.

He slammed the three shots in rapid succession.  'I'll have to drag him out to a cab tonight', she thought.  Y/N was significantly shorter than the tall, muscular man, but she had done it before and knew tonight she would do it again.  Barkeeping makes a girl tough in lots of ways.

She finished making his usual second round, pushing it towards Risotto and taking the empty shot glasses.  He was already mumbling to himself when she saw movement from her peripheral.  Glancing over she had a mini heart attack.  Abbacchio had seated himself at the bar, a few stools down from Risotto.  He didn't say anything, he didn't need to as she was already filling a goblet of blueberry mead.  It was his favorite and this was the only place he could get this particular import. 

While Y/N had a good relationship with both of these moody goth men, they did not have a good relationship with each other.  She could already see both side-eyeing each other.  The tension in the bar was getting thick.  Y/N had to do something, and soon.

She approached Risotto, coming up with a plan.  It wasn't ideal, but it should work.  By now Risotto was several drinks in, half-lidded eyes still shooting dirty looks at the other black-clad man.  Y/N leaned into the side of his face in a rather intimate gesture and whispered in his ear, "Do you want to spend the night?"  She leaned back enough to look into his black and red eyes.  As those eyes tried to focus on her face a sappy smile crossed his lips.  She knew he was hooked.

"Can't get enough of me, eh babe?  Did you miss me?"  He clearly thought he was smooth at this moment. 

She smirked, responding in her best 'come hither' voice, "Never enough, baby."

She rose from leaning on the bar and came around to his side, pulling his arm over her shoulder.  Supporting the stumbling man, she led him up the stairs to the apartments above the bar.  One of them was hers, the others she used for guest rooms.  Opening the door to the one farthest down the hall, she helped Risotto to the bed. 

Shifting his body around so that gravity would help her lay him on the bed, his hand trailed along her arm on the way down.  As she turned to leave she felt his hand encircle her wrist, keeping her from leaving.  "Riz, I gotta finish the evening.   I will come back when I close the bar."