Chapter 1

It was Friday, Illéa's newsletter had just begun. Queen Eadlyn was sitting on her throne next to her son, the famous Prince Kol, and her parents, America and Maxon Schreave.

Prince Kol Schreave, unfortunately lost his father at a young age. His father died after the birth of his youngest brother, Oliver, and Queen Eadlyn, who wasn't able to withstand the loss, changed his surname to hers.

Mom and Amanda, my younger sister, were watching the newsletter enraptured. Of course, today the Selection's chosen names were announced. Another Selection had begun three weeks ago, for Prince Kol to choose his wife. Mom had me convinced, I do not how, to get participation.

"Hello Illéa!", Jacob Fadaye screamed, Gavril Fadaye's son. "Today we are announcing the Selection's results" he said excited. Kol, behind him, smiled.

Prince Kol had blue eyes, like his grandmother America, dark brown hair like his mother, Queen Eadlyn, and a mix of his mother and grandfather's personality.

All the girls had fallen in love with him, almost all the girls. He was just the spoiled almost king of our nation, and none of them knew how was he when the lights shut down and the cameras went off.

"Prince Kol, would you like to start?" Jacob asked Kol. He nodded and our nation's symbol appeared on the screen.

According to mom, when Eadlyn was still a princess, she had announced herself, the Selected names. But the snobbish prince Kol, wanted it the old way, which said that he couldn't choose the girls and he wouldn't see them until the other people see them.

A redhead's photograph appeared on the screen. "Jocelyn Martin, from Oklahoma"

Prince Kol lifted his eyebrows with a smile on his face.

"What a moron" I muttered and mom glared me.

"Alison" she said curtly. "You aren't allowed to talk like that for the Prince"

I turned my eyes angry. When did the hoity toity gained so much respect?

"Gwendolyn Baird from the beautiful Montana" said Jacob and a girl's picture with black hair and black eyes appeared on the screen. She was gorgeous, dazzling. Kol remained speechless.

We spent almost all the time, watching the thirty-four girls and Kol's expressions. Mom had lost her last hope that I would be the thirty fifth girl.

"Well, mom did you see? I am not Selected" I said cheerful. I got up and tried to shut the TV the moment my photo appeared on the screen. "Alison May from South Dakota" I heard Jacob's voice.

Mom and Amanda started screaming triumphantly. The girl on the screen was me. Same brunette long hair, same green eyes as me. I was a Selected. My nightmare became reality.