𝕯𝖔𝖑𝖑

Gliding down the halls, all couldn't help but stop and stare. As Lady Malory, dressed to perfection as usual, rushed through. Glaring up at the knights, they immediately stepped aside.

"Violet!" The king sat up grinning. "I see you've received my letter."

Plopping down on the sofa, she crossed her arms. "Cutting it a bit close weren't you?" She narrowed her eyes.

"You know I have a reason for every decision," he tilted his head smiling.

Sighing, she rolled her eyes. "The maids are going to be burnt out and some may not attend due to such short notice."

"Not everybody needs to come, only the ones I need," he shrugged. "Ones that are gossips and those of high of status, there's no need for anyone else to attend."

"Well we're the supposed hosts, so wouldn't this ruin our reputation," she poked her tongue into the side of her cheek.

"Don't worry, I'll cover the story for that," he waved it off.

"Where's Sir Luneth?" She inquired, taking the king aback.

"On the way," he answered. "Why? Missing him?"

"No,but I need to have a word with him," she huffed. "Also.." she glanced back at the king, her eyes carefully examining him.

"Ask away child," he relaxed his shoulders, leaning back into the chair.

"Where is he residing? And don't say his manor because I've checked," She loured. The kings face hardened.

"I cannot tell you that," he folded his arms.

"Fine," she shot up her seat.

"Violet dear, you know why I do what I do," his voice softened. Her brows knitted together, and before he could talk any further she was out the door.

"What will I do with that child?" He sighed.

I told you so.

.

.

.

"Your majesty," Sirus bowed as he entered the room.

"Sirus," he sighed, running his hands through his beard.

"What's wrong," he questioned, as the maids finished buttoning him up.

Raising his hands, the maids walked out immediately and the guards stepped in front of the door and the other out. "It's Violet, I fear she's becoming irritable."

"Why?" Sirus placed the cuff links in.

"She said she needed to have a word with you,"he took a seat. "The last I saw her she was in quite a mood."

"Could you tell the source of her anger?" He asked.

"It had something to with you," the king answered.

"Bu-"

"Your Highness, Lady Malory is at the door," a guard announced. The two men glanced at each other before nodding at the guard. Waltzing in, she shone a lovely smile to the guards outside. However, as soon as the doors shut behind her it fell into the same straight faced look she usually kept.

"Your majesty, Sir Luneth ," she curtsied. "The ball will be beginning soon."

"I guess this is my que to leave," the king rose up. As he passed by her, he whispered into her ear.