chapter one - The Machine

I am currently sitting in my best friend Jamie's basement looking at what appears to be a very high tech wardrobe. "What is this exactly?" I ask brushing a bleached blonde curl out of my eyes. "We've been over this Steph!" She exclaims, "it's a time machine!" I look at her then at the wire explosion Infront of me, "right, a time machine."
You might be wondering how I ended up in my mad scientist friends basement. It's a very long story but the gist of it was that our perverted boss was trying to hit on us so she quite literally hit him and we both got fired then she said that she wanted to show me something and now here we are!
"I DID IT!" she calls out triumphantly as the device lights up. "Do you think it will work?" I ask dubiously "only one way to find out!" She shouts, "get in!" I look at her in disbelief, "are you serious Jamie?! That thing looks very liable to explode." She looks at me for a long hard minute then says, "what if I set it for the mid 80s so you can go meet your weird idols?"
"You can do that?"
"Yep."
"Send me to 1985 and I'll go!"
"Deal!" She shoves a tinfoil helmet on me "so your brain doesn't fry." She explains "WHAT!" I exclaim "relax it will be fine!" She says and pushes me into the machine and shuts the door, "GOOD LUCK STEPH!" Is the last thing I hear before she presses go.