7.

- Ahad - 

I thought Abu had said that I was going to stay over the night but now I had to stay over with Kinza, I wasn't complaining but she really knew who to push over the top and be bothersome. First she's talking to some doctor and then she had the audacity to act like that with me. 

In the past 2 hours we have been arguing about sleep, "Kinza will you good damn listen to me, look you have eye bags, I'm pretty sure you didn't sleep properly yesterday" "but I don't want to sleep, so leave me alone" she pouted, why is she so stubborn.

Kinza gets up from her dad's bed and sits on the couch in the corner of the room, I decide to join her and sit right beside her, we sit for goodness knows how long, we quietly sit together, suddenly I felt weight on my shoulder, I turned to look at it and see that Kinza fell asleep leaning on me. I didn't want to wake her up since she looked really tired all day, that's why I also had ignore her texts and calls, I didn't want her to work will being tired and worried for her dad. I sat there in the same position trying not to move at all, looking at her face so up close, her fair skin, long eyelashes, her small nose and her glossy lips, 'look away Ahad you won't be able to control yourself' I kept chanting looking away, I could look at her all I want, she's finally mine but, but we haven't talked about us yet, and I until I don't here something from her first I'm going to wait for her at a distance she's comfortable in.

- time skip - 

I had fallen asleep in the same position,  I don't even know when. I looked at Kinza who was still asleep, she must be really tired, I carefully took my phone out and checked the time, it was 5 in the morning, man I wonder how she managed to sleep in this upright uncomfortable position. I carefully got up, helping Kinza lay properly on the couch so she doesn't have muscle aches. 

When I got up and moved towards the toilet I realized that Eajaz uncle's position moved, and it felt like he was saying something, without much thinking I moved out to look for a doctor or nurse. I brought a senior doctor and brought her to check on Eajaz Uncle, I reminded her to be a little quiet since Kinza was still asleep, and I would wake her up in a bit for Fajr. After she gave him a quick checkup we left the room, "how is he doctor?" "he is showing great improvements, I wouldn't be surprised he he wakes up in an hour, but we should still pray" "of course doctor, let's hope we wakes up soon" 

After the doctor left, I went back into the room, to perform wudu and pray Fajr, I decided to wake up Kinza so we could pray together. She quietly got up and listened when I told her about Fajr prayer. We offered namaaz together and recited the Quran, this was a habit both our parents.

 After we put our prayer mats away, I decided that we should go down for breakfast after I found out the only thing Kinza had was Hot Choco because she decided to skip dinner. We had gone to the hospital canteen, where we got sandwiches and breakfast rolls, I got myself tea and iced tea for Kinza. We had gotten to table and I told her what the doctor had said earlier, she looked relived with the news. "did the doctor say anything else" "yea, she said he could  wake up anytime" "that's good". We were talking when someone rude decided to interrupt and sit beside Kinza.

"good morning Kinza" "oh good morning Asim" isn't he the guy from yesterday, why is he here again? "oh How rude of me, I'm doctor Asim, nice to meet you-" I looked at his hand he took out to shake my hand with, "Ahad", I coldly said looking but at my food, I felt someone kick me under the table, I looked under to see Kinza's foot, I looked up at her throwing draggers at my direction, "don't mind him Asim, he's cranky early morning" "oh I see, my sister's like this, your brother must be really like her" we both started chocking on our food, "oh he's actually not my brother, we're neighbors" she quickly said avoiding my gaze on her, I'll have to remind her that we're more than that now.

"oh, you have nice neighbors, anyways I brought you something" "oh Asim, you didn't have to get something" "please take it as a get well gift, it's chocolate macarons" first of all it's Kinza's favorite treat, and second "-shouldn't you give it to her dad, he's the sick on here" they both stared at me like I had grown to pair of horns are something, I shrugged my shoulders and went back to eating. 

-  ̄へ ̄-

I dislike this doctor Asim guy, first why is he following us back to the room, he's not supposed to check up on Eajaz uncle, but for Kinza he also had taken up this case. Now I'm sitting between Kinza and the doc who keep asking personal questions with each other, it feels like I'm third wheeling, and the smile on Kinza's face makes it harder to control myself which makes in worse. Just then we heard a groan, all our heads turn to the bed, Eajaz uncle was moving, the machine that once indicated his heart beating really slow was now at more of a normal pace, we all spirited to the bed, as the doc started examining him, then pressed the bell button on the wall. Nurses started running in changing the drip to Eajaz uncle, I stood outside the room with Kinza, I didn't want her to fall over with all the people rushing in and out now. After what felt like ages, all the nurses left and doc finally came out, "great news Kinza, your father is finally awake, go meet him" Kinza didn't even wait 2 seconds after him finishing his sentence and rushed in, "we'll take it from here doc" I tapped him on the shoulder and I made my way into the room leaving the doc outside.

When I enterented the room, Kinza was talking with uncle, I decided to quickly send a text to abu to bring Iqra aunty and Neha over. After that I brought my interest over them, Uncle had seen me looking at him and signaled me to come closer, "how are you feeling now Uncle?" "Much better beta, much better" "tell me if you need anything" "of course" I could never hold much small talk unless it was about business.