PROLOGUE.

The Cordon. Rookie Village.
09:21. 20/09/2018...

~♩ ♬ ♪ ♬ ♩ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♩~

A faint guittar could be heard in the distance, comming from one of the many campfires present in Village. The weather, as usual, was pretty cold, so heavy clothing and small fires were common, in order for people to keep themselves warm.
Comming back to the guittar, the man playing said instrument was named Gabriel "Stabber", whom rightfully earned his title due to his skills with the blade. It wasn't self-given though, since his companion, whom was sitting right next to him, was the one who gave it to him.
Speaking of which, his name was Yuri "Oddball", a title given to him by many people, due to him being a pretty odd individual, doing stuff that most would think to be "weird", but were completely normal to him.

Yuri wore a Wastelander Stalker suit, with an Ecologist patch on his left arm. He wasn't always an Ecologist though. When he arrived to The Zone for the first time, he used to be part of Duty, a paramilitary group that wishes to destroy the horrors of The Zone. At first, he agreed with them. Who would embrace such a dangerous and hostile environment like this? Then it hit him... After a couple of months, he witnessed how poorly his faction executed their main goal. They would be mauled by a pack of pseudodogs easily, and be massacred if they dared to encounter a pseudogiant.
So he decided to abandon his faction and join the Ecologists, now wishing to study The Zone instead of just mindlessly destroying it... And because he also wanted to kill more mutants, but this time, under the name of science!
Due to his past in Duty, his weapon knowledge is far more advanced than your average Ecologist though, making him a good escort among them, carrying a Remington 700, a SPAS-12 and a USP pistol, along with some other items he had on his tourist backpack.

Meanwhile, Gabriel wore an Interceptor Body Armor, which had the Loner's patch on his right arm. He joined this faction after he deserted from The military, the Spartan Helmet he also wore was basically the only thing he kept when he deserted... The reason for this is because he got tired of how corrupt his faction was. He joined to pay the debts his deceased father couldn't pay back home, leaving him and his mother alone. After being stationed in The Zone for a while, he realized how bad the pay really was, and how corrupt and incompetent his chain of command was, just like the rest.
So he went for the easy way and abandoned the base, joining the Free Stalkers.
Unfortunately, since he was part of one of the most hostile factions, half of The Zone doesn't trust him, and the other half wants to kill him. His combat skills really helped him though, not only being incredibly stealthy and swift with his M9 Bayonet, but also with his guittar, which he always carried on his combat backpack, along with his AKS-74N and MP-133.

Yuri: "Nice!"
-The Ecologist said to his companion while letting out a soft laugh, complimenting the song he played, which he called "Sleepless Night."

Gabriel: "Thank you."-the Loner replied as he placed his guittar aside, looking up at the sky. Grey clouds and slightly foggy horizons, the usual.-"Nice weather, huh?"
-He said sarcastically as he looked back at his companion, who was checking and cleaning his guns.

Yuri: "Isn't it always?"
-He also responded sarcastically, knowing his mate was joking. Now they were both laughing a little bit as they went back to their busines.