4.

Harry wondered what he agreed to when Daphne came to the bakery the next morning with a list of new treats to offer on their menu. Mostly it was different cookies and a few cupcakes, and a new selection of breads. Harry was intrigued by the list but was hesitant to let her put all of the things on the menu at once.

“Let’s get through the morning sweets and when this afternoon comes you can make the cupcakes.” Harry said as he pushed the headband through his hair and allowed his curls to be removed from his forehead.

“Sounds good,” Daphne said as she tucked the list away before she pulled her hair into a pony tail and slipped her apron on over her head. “What would you like me to start on?” She asked happily.

“Scones, then on the tea cakes.” He said with a smile, watching as her familiar maroon and heart covered fabric draped over her body. “And you can follow the recipe if you want, but please do whatever you think you need to so it’s better.”

Daphne went to her part of the kitchen and pulled out her familiar bowls and spoons before she smiled over at her shoulder at Harry. Her one gaze made him feel elated and he nodded at her.

“Love?” She asked happily.

“As much as you want to put into it.” He replied.

“You know you could try it too,” Daphne said as she went to scoop some flour out of a bag and into her bowl.

“Sure, Daph.” Harry laughed, “I’ll try.”

The pair moved gracefully around the kitchen that morning whipping up that familiar scent of warm yeast, sugar, and milk. It was comforting and the pair seemed to work well together. As Daphne loaded the front of the store with the freshly baked goods she could’ve swore she heard Harry singing. She closed the glass display case quietly and peeked her head around the corner to see Harry singing softly to himself as he folded the croissants and placed them delicately on the baking sheet in front of him.

Daphne couldn’t help but smile to herself as she heard him sing, he had a rasp to his voice that suited the slower tempo song he sang. It was then that Daphne saw some of his stress and worries melt away; maybe he was beginning to believe in himself again.

Just as Daphne was about to chime in on the song a familiar face blew through the front door and shuffled her way up to the counter.

“Daphne!” Mrs. Potts exclaimed, “I just need to have more of those scones! Oh you haven’t sold out have you?” The elderly woman asked hopefully, taking Daphne off guard.

“Good morning Mrs. Potts, what are you doing here? It’s Friday!” Daphne asked with a laugh as she came to rest her forearms on the front counter.

“Oh I know, but you see Mr. Potts and I shared those two scones you gave us yesterday and something wonderful happened,” the woman sighed and clasped her hands together over her heart.

“Mr. Potts has been so romantic, he’s just fawning all over me and it’s like we’re young again. He swears that it’s those scones! The moment our lips touched them I just… we don’t know what came over us!” The older woman was all sparkles and shine, the wrinkles in her face were rejuvenated and she felt young again.

Daphne knew exactly what had come over Mr. and Mrs. Potts but she just smiled brightly and ate the story up. She loved seeing love happen. She loved seeing people happy. It was why she was there.

“Well whatever it was, Mrs. Potts, I can assure you that these scones will be here every morning for you. As long as I’m here you and Mr. Potts will feel that way every day. You just have to let it come over you.” She smiled brightly at the older woman and began to open a bag for her.