Shocking | part 46

I closed my eyes for a brief second before reopening them. Who thought this would be a fun idea? I stared at the bouquet of red roses contemplating if I should throw it away or just leave it outside. I settled upon the second option, however as I was about to close the door I saw a little envelope laying under the roses. My curiosity got the best of me.

I had a feeling I knew who these were for. Probably for my sister or even Jean at that. I softly took the bouquet inside and placed it on the kitchen table. I tried inspecting it from every angle, to make sure it was safe to open the card. Once I opened the envelope I was taken aback. The handwriting was horrible, to say the least and all I could make out from it was pretty much my name.

My name?

-
Gabrielle,
Be ready tomorrow morning at 9am and meet me outside.
Bisous xxx
-

No other text, no name or even clarification of who this person was. To say I was confused was a total understatement. Weird, but I wasn't dumb. I definitely knew what to do. I made my way upstairs heading straight to my room, where I sadly found Lori and Simon chilling on my bed watching a movie. I didn't have the patience to wait for them to leave my room, so I simply went to one of the guest rooms. They'd already drained me out for the day.

* Next day *

I hurriedly freshened myself up, did my makeup and chose my outfit. I didn't have a lot of time left anymore as the clock read 8:53. When I said I knew what to do I was lying. With every minute that passed by I kept questioning myself if this was even a good idea. For all I knew this person could've been a kidnapper or even worse.

"Arise and shine!" Lori sang bursting through the door. "Oh I see you arose already?" I coolly rolled my eyes spraying some perfume over my body.

"Why are you such a morning person?"

"Gabs where do you think you're going without me?"Lori folded her arms. The scenery was quite funny since her hair was all over the place. Not a second later a head peeped through the door opening.

"Going where? Without me?"Simon frowned.

"Guys come on! I'm not going anywhere."

"That's why you're fully dressed up?"Lori squeezed her face, extremely confused. Maybe I should've thought my answer through.

"Alright I'm going to meet a friend,"I told trying to convince them. The truth was that I didn't even know who I was going to meet so technically anything I would've said would've been confusing.

"Sure, a friend,"Simon laughed as Lori joined him in laughter.

"What? That's literally what I just said." He brought out the bouquet of red roses I'd found yesterday from behind his back.

"Whose are these?" He smirked eyeing me intensely.

"I don't know? Probably my sisters or something,"I shrugged.

"You know Gabs if you'd just said Kylian right when I asked you, it would've all been fine. So you're free to go, we know it's him,"she shook her head disapprovingly. I smiled it off.

"Yea, surprise. I thought I'd keep it as a little mystery but you guys found out. Well done,"I chuckled giving them a hug. I deeply thanked Lori for giving me a reason because I couldn't tell them the real deal.

"Oh and if you've heard anything from dad, don't forget to call me!" I shouted before heading out of the door. As I stepped outside a cold breeze hit my face sending my hair to fly everywhere. I used my hands to hold my hair in place or at least tried to hold my hair in place. Not only that but my selection of clothes wasn't really ideal for this weather. I should've known better than wearing only a t-shirt and cargo pants. I brought the little paper out of my bag to check where I was supposed to be at, only to be met with no clue whatsoever.