Hongjoong- Mates By Chance, Lovers By Choice

Characters: Vampire!Hongjoong + Werewolf!Gabriella

Plot: From the moment their eyes locked onto each other, two old friends from different territories find out that they are mates who have been away from each for years, and fall in love under the full moon.

———————————————————————

Gabriella's POV:
Looking at the dark blue night sky, a big white moon littered with big and small stars while making a few of my favorite constellations is the perfect way for me to clear my head and calm down from my idiotic older brother, Chan. I know that he's the alpha, and whatever he says goes, but my god, the man can be an idiot at times.

Here's what happened, a few of our younger pups got into a fight with a few vampires while walking through their territory for food and special herbs for healing potions, and Chan is furious about that to the point where he nearly broke the treaty with the vamps. I told Chan to calm down and scolded him for suggesting that they go to their territory in the first place and the pups for going. And that just added more fuel to Chan's fury to the point where WE nearly got into a physical fight. With me being a beta, I was easily at a loss, but that wasn't going to stop me from slapping some sense into Chan's head if he didn't start thinking right. If Felix wasn't there to calm us both down, I think Chan and I would have walked away from each other with bruises and wounds from the other.

This leads me to right now, I shifted to my wolf form and took a run before stopping at a cliff to see the stars, take a break, and cool off. "I knew I smelt a stray dog out here, Hyung! Look!!" I heard a male voice whisper from behind me as I turned around, snarling at the intruder. Or in this case, the 4 intruders. Seeing me snarling at them, this black-haired guy who was drop-dead gorgeous, ironically considering the fact that he's a vampire, says, "Whoa! Easy there, Wolfie. We come in peace; we mean no harm or ill will. And please excuse Wooyoung's foul mouth. Sometimes it runs without thinking about the consequences."

Calming down, I say, "Mmm, it's fine. We have two pack members who's just like Red over there. We call them Changbin and Han."

"Huh. I thought I recognized those golden eyes. I don't know if you remember me, Gabs, but I'm Hongjoong, the head vampire in charge," Hongjoong said while I shifted back to my human form before the 4 males while still locking eyes with Hongjoong and introducing myself, "Kim Hongjoong, Captain of the vampire clan called Ateez and Chan's old friend, correct? I remember you! But to the others, I'm Gabriella Belmont, Beta of the wolf clan, Stray Kids."

"Miss Gabriella, I'm Seonghwa, this is Wooyoung and San. Also on behalf of my younger brothers, We deeply regret and apologize for intruding on your private meditation session with your moon goddess," Seonghwa said before flashing me a little smile making me feel a little at ease, unlike the other two vamps behind him and Hongjoong. "Well, I appreciate and accept your apology. I was just cooling off from an argument that I had with my idiot alpha brother," I explained while getting ready to leave to go back home, but Hongjoong had other plans for me. And no, not in a violent way. The cliff that I go to time and time again is the borderline between werewolves and vampires, so it's like a neutral point. "Wow, that idiot hasn't changed?" San's joke made all of us laugh as I remembered that Hongjoong and Chan (Also, ATEEZ and Stray Kids) used to be friends before. Now ever since the incident happened, our clans have been mortal enemies for the past six years because of Chan and Hongjoong, we're only tolerating each other because we aren't allowed to break the strict laws that were enforced throughout the forest or else we would be punished in any way our wolf council and their vampire council would see fit.

"Nope. Not at all. Wait, aren't there supposed to be 8 of you? Where's the other half?" I asked while facing the original four, but mostly Hongjoong as he sat down on the edge of the cliff with me. "Back home, healing. They were in a fight with a few aggressive stray pups who were on our territory," Hongjoong said while I remembered why I was out here in the first place and got pissed off all over again. That is until I see Hongjoong's dimple smile which instantly made me calm down as I said, "Yeah? Well, sorry about that. I don't know what Chan was thinking when he told them to go to your territory all alone. That's actually why we got into an argument, to begin with; like they're practically still babies and you nearly got them killed! I give them one scolding, which they deserved, and suddenly I'm the fucking bad guy! At this point, I think I would have been a better person to be alpha than Chan."