7

|𝗠𝗘𝗥𝗖𝗨𝗥𝗬|

|𝗠𝗘𝗥𝗖𝗨𝗥𝗬|

Mercury stares up at the man with wide, terrified eyes. He looks very intimidating with his tall figure and bulging muscles, and even more scary with his big dog standing between his legs with blood all over its mouth and snout . Occasionally, his tongue would stick out, licking away the blood and guts all over his nose and mouth from when it tore into the zombie's head.

"Little girl," the man says once again, his voice growing louder, making Mercury snap her head up to him, bringing her finger to her lips.

"Sshhhh, you're going to attract monsters," Mercury says, looking around to make sure he didn't alert any zombies.

"Well, I asked you a question, and I would like an immediate answer. What are you doing out here?" The man asked again, cocking his head to the side and clenching his jaw impatiently waiting for an answer.

"I-I was going to get water," Mercury mutters softly.

"Just you alone?" He asks again, looking around the forest to make sure no one was with the little girl.

"Uh-oh no, just me," says Mercury, looking down.

She didn't want him to know about Venus, just in case he was a bad man trying to kill her and her sister.

"Um, I should get going." Mercury attempts to get up, placing her feet on the ground to lift herself up, but immediately stops when pain shoots through her left ankle, making her hiss and plop back down on the ground, reaching her hand to rub at it, hoping it will soothe it a little.

She must've twisted her ankle the wrong way when she tripped over the log.

"Owwie," Mercury whines, tearing up a little at the pain in her ankle.

She looks back up, but her eyes widen when she sees the man walking away and his dog walking beside him.

" w-wait" Mercury hurriedly yells, using all her strength to push herself up to stand on her right foot while her left is bent.

She starts to hop towards the man, who stops at her voice hearing little hops approaching him, making him turn around.

He looks down to see the little girl standing in front of him with one leg looking up at him.

"I need some help, please. My ankle is messed up, and I need to get back to my sist-"Mercury stops herself when she realizes she mentioned her sister. She puts her head down, not wanting to see the man's horrifying stare with his piercing black eyes.