Chapter 18

When I finally arrived home in the evening, I walked in to my husband rocking our son and feeding him his formula.

He was such a good man and father.

"Honey," he said smiling, "this little fella is the best."

"I know. I wish I could take him with me most days instead of leaving him here without us."

He spent the days I was at work with the nanny and Glyn must have already sent her home.

I went down to the kitchen and saw that Glyn had made us some pasta which was his favorite meal. He put our son down to sleep and then joined me.

"Do we have models?" Glyn remembered to ask me as we ate.

"Do we have a finished record?" I then asked him first.

He smiled, "yes, actually, now your turn."

I was extremely proud. He must have gotten past whatever was frustrating him and holding him back from finishing this afternoon.

"I have four models," I then told him.

"So you went with Brooke, Heather and two more."

I nodded, "they are beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as my wife," he said happily. Somehow it felt like he was saying that just to flatter me. Everyone always talks about how beautiful I am when all I really want is for the world to see my strength and poise.

To see my heart.

"Laur?" Glyn then said after I had gotten deep in my own thoughts.

"Sorry," I said coming back to reality.

"So how long until Tom sleeps with each of them?" Glyn then joked.

"Well he better stay away from Heather or Paul will come at his throat," I said.

"Listen," he then changed the subject, "I don't really want him around your office."

"Tom?" I asked. They were best friends.

I thought back to when I told Glyn about Tom getting me high and me wanting to get drugs from him when I was in a dark place a few months ago.

Glyn was happy I got through that phase but has been frustrated with his best friend ever since.

"He is a rockstar," he rolled his eyes, "the typical sex, drugs and rock and roll and I don't want him to go anywhere near the models."

"That's what I'm worried about too," I admitted, "not about Tom per say but about the girls getting thrust into fame and turning down a dark path."

"You didn't," he pointed out. The start of my career was smooth and I stayed clean through the psychedelic sixties.

"I had George," I said, "he needed me to be his rock."

My husband took a swig of his wine.

"Does me being close with my ex husband upset you?" I asked him.

He never says anything but he does look annoyed sometimes.

"Of course not," he said, "I like that he still protects you when I can't. And you share children together."

"I can't wait to spend the day with them tomorrow," I nodded, "I can't believe Ollie will be 14 at the end of the year."

"He's a young man," Glyn nodded, "he's going to be going through some changes and you're going to have to let him be free to express himself."

"He is starting to sing a little," I said, "I am so happy to have a little musician."