||Chapter Two||

I woke up the next morning, or should I say afternoon, with a slight headache and the sudden inclination to go to the newly opened bar. I'm not sure why but I think I just needed to get out. When I go to bars I usually don't pay for drinks. There's usually a few guys who eye me from the other side of the club, they start smiling at me, I smile back, they signal someone I'm assuming is a waitress, then she leaves, gets a martini or some other drink and points to the guy who she was coming from saying it was compliments of him. The poor saps who think buying a girl a drink buys them a good time.

I took a quick shower to wash the smell of vodka and lazed around for a few hours until it got around 6 in the evening. I got out of bed and decided to head out, the new bar wasn't too far away like the others, which I think will bring in more people this way.

I soon got to the entrance and I noticed a sign- karaoke night. Really? The opening of a bar is a karaoke night. I scoffed as I started turning around, opting to leave, maybe try one of the other bars. When I heard...

"Now singing on stage, Destine! Ladies and gentlemen give her a hand."

What the?

I rushed inside to see Destine on stage with a microphone, clutching it with both hands nervously. She looks so cute.

Shut up.

A slow beat started to play that I didn't recognize. I listened intently as she began singing.

"It's dangerous to fall in love

But I want to burn with you tonight

Hurt me

There's two of us

We're bristling with desire

The pleasure's pain and fire

Burn me

So come on

I'll take you on, take you on

I ache for love, ache for us

Why don't you come

Don't you come a little closer

So come on now

Strike the match, strike the match now

We're a perfect match, perfect somehow

We were meant for one another

Come a little closer..."

As I watched and listened to her singing that song I got the uncanny feeling that she was singing to me. And I wanted it to be me.

Wait! What am I saying? I just met this girl. Remember what happened last time Amelia. Stay away from this kind of stuff.

By the time I got out of my own head Destine finished that beautiful song and climbed down the stage. She went over to a table with a well dressed man and immediately started laughing. Probably her boyfriend. They soon went out the back door and I just decided to leave too. My mood for the night crashed.

While starting down the road I heard yelling. "Let me go! I said no! Ahh!"

Destine.

I felt my heart rate quicken and my stomach drop. I rushed to where the screaming was coming from, fueled by my rising anger and adrenaline.

I bolted to the back where i saw Destine being hauled away by the same well dressed man. He was pulling her to a red Subaru. His intentions? I didn't want to know, I bolted over to where they were and said. "The lady said let go." I squeezed my hands into a tight fist, my short nails digging into my palms, I was fairly sure they were small cuts there by now.