Gourmet Friends

INTRODUCTION

A group of friends has spotted a cabin in the woods and it seems that no one lives there so they decided to investigate. They wander inside and look at the furniture, it seems that everything was so clean from the living room and kitchen to the bathroom and the bedroom. "That walk was brutal! This place has everything. Kitchen, bedrooms, running water, this cabin is amazing." Gregory shouted to everyone "Finally I can read my books in peace." Antony replied. It seems it's a good place to stay in, all they need are supplies for their essential needs. The smartest one of the group, Antony, volunteered to search the woods for some mosses, fungi, and a couple of berries. Mariah thinks Antony will be helpless if he goes out into the woods, so she decides to tag along with him in case he gets attacked by a bear or a butterfly of all things. The strongest of the group, Gregory, is also going out to look for firewood.

Karen, who is the bossiest in the group, orders you to cook dinner for everyone. "Welp, guess that settles it. Let's go get some essentials while there is still sunlight" said Gregory. One by one they all left, which leaves you and Karen alone. Karen asks you if you have experience in cooking meals, "Probably not. I'm extremely lazy" you replied. Karen appreciated your honesty, so she tells you that if you need help you can always call her anytime, she is very good with a knife after all. She wanders off to dust the living room, while you're left in the kitchen trying to look for recipes that are hidden in the kitchen. You search everywhere in the room until you found a locked drawer, you used all your strength to pry it open and once it opened you found "something" inside.

You have found five talking food? That's odd, they seemed very friendly and they introduced themselves as Cabbage, Raspberry, Potato, Onion, and Bread. They call themselves the Munchies, they say that why talk to those boring humans when all they have to give you is drama. So they insist on talking to them instead, and they will share some amazing cooking recipes for you to try out. They want to see if you have what it takes to become a five-star chef.

Since you will be learning how to cook they shared a recipe for "Roasted eggplant with sesame and pomegranate" and there is no meat included.

The Munchies then left you and you wonder if what you saw was real, you begin to question if "you are all right in the head?" after that weird interaction Karen steps into the kitchen and asks you if you found anything. Not wanting her to judge you that you found talking food, you decided to shake your head. Karen gave you some supplies that your friends brought, so you set up the saucepan with medium heat and lit the firewood. For tonight's entourage is a vegetable stew, you heat some water with potato, carrots, and celery in it. 15 minutes later you drained the vegetables and set the saucepan aside. Placing some butter in the saucepan, you melted it over medium heat. Throwing some chopped onions in, you cook it for 10 minutes. The onions are tender and translucent. PERFECT.

You mixed in some flour, salt, pepper, and heavy cream into the saucepan, adding the vegetables to the mixture. Hours passed your stew was now ready to serve. You call them into the kitchen and they stepped inside, they smell your delicious cooking. "Wow, this tastes good!" shouted Gregory. "You can be the next world-class chef." Antony continued. Everyone laughs and enjoys their meals, who cares if you live in a small cabin in the woods as long as you have your friends by your side, every day will always be a great day.

DAY 1

The morning sun has risen and the only people that were awake were you and Gregory. You talked about how you guys slept, everyone went out of their rooms seeing the light of day. Same as yesterday Gregory, Mariah, and Antony went out of the cabin to find some food for breakfast. Karen also wanted to join them so she grabbed a fishing rod and went to the lakes to catch some salmon. Which leaves you alone in the cabin, thankfully though you have the Munchies to keep you company. You decide to look around the cabin, after touring around the cabin your friends have come back from their trip. They seemed to have a fun time while they were out, you found out that Gregory is afraid of marmots. You all laugh and tears start the roll-out of your eyes.