Chapter 4

Victoria

It was around 6 in the morning when I snuck back into my room.
After what happened last night, I couldn't bring myself to think about it.
Who knew that I would find my mate in this God forsaking town?
And worst of all, I mated with him at first sight. Who does that?
After I promised myself to reject my mate before anything else happens, I still went ahead and slept with him.
A complete stranger!
I banged my head on the wall so many times wishing that I could go back in time and stop what happened from the moment I went to KC's house and we stopped being best friends.
The last thing I needed was something holding me back from leaving this town.
I mean how was I supposed to run away with mum if the thought of leaving my mate behind keep stopping me?
I groaned and pulled my hair in frustration.
Walking was hard now because I felt sore between the legs and my eyes were red from lack of sleep.
What was I supposed to tell mum?
That I snuck out? Or maybe I'll tell her that I found my mate and I was still willing to leave him behind for a better life.
God this was annoying!
Knowing the hopeless romantic my mum was, she would tell me to stay back and have kids with him.
And the worst part was that I hated children because they disgusted me.
I groaned again and made my way slowly to the shower.
After a cold bath, my mind was made up.
To hell with my mate and to hell with this town!.
I decided that I wouldn't tell mum so she wouldn't change her mind and have us stay back.
I knew the effects of being far away from your mate especially after mating with him.
It was painful but I was willing to risk it.
I mentally apologized to My wolf because I knew that this would hurt her the most.
I was making the better choice for the both of us. After all, what has this town done for us anyways?
I stood in front of the mirror to brush my hair when I noticed something on my neck.
I pushed my hair back to take a closer look at it.
Oh My God!

He marked me!

Shit!
In the heat of the moment, I didn't notice when he sank his canines into my neck.

This is gonna be a problem. I rumaged through my closet and found a green turtle neck I didn't know I had. I tried it on and  it fit perfectly.
Good.
This way, mum wouldn't notice a thing.

I checked my clothes once again and went downstairs.
Mum was sitting at the dinning table with Morgan talking about our planned escape.

"Good morning Mum, Morgan" I nervously touched my neck.

"Morning Tory. There a glass of orange juice on the counter and there's toasts in the toaster" mum said and Morgan smiled at me.

Thank God there's breakfast today.
I walked to the kitchen, taking my steps one at a time.

"Tory? Are you okay?" That was Morgan.

I stopped walking.
"Yeah, why?"

"Is something wrong with your legs? You're walking funny" mum added.

"Um...no... I'm fine. There's nothing wrong with me" I walked quickly into the kitchen and excruciating pain shot up my legs.
I almost screamed but shoved a fist into my mouth at the last minute.

Why? Just why did I sneak out last night?
I have to admit that last night was the best part of my life. I mean who wouldn't love a one night stand?
We made love at the river bank, under the full moon.
That was really romantic if you asked me.
I remembered the moans, the feeling of pleasure that spread all over my body and I also remembered...shit!
I marked him too!

Oh God why?!!!

I turned and slammed my head into the wall just in case I was dreaming and needed to wake up from this nightmare.

"Jesus! What the hell was that?!" Mum rushed in to find me about to strike the poor wall with my head again.

"Tory! Are you crazy?!" She turned me around so she could examine my  forehead. It was red and hurt a lot.