Just Another Day

Street woke up and turned to the side. Where he found no one beside him. That's when he heard the bathroom door open and footsteps approaching.

"Morning," Chris greeted as she tucked the towel around her wet hair and opened her dresser drawer in search of clean clothes.

"Morning, babe," he replied gruffly and cleared his throat. Still just waking up, he remembered what today is as he arose from bed and came up behind her. "Happy Valentine's Day," he added with a grin before kissing her cheek.

"I was hoping you forgot," she groaned and picked out a sweatshirt and bra.

"How could I forget? It's our first Valentine's Day."

"And I already told you that it's just another day to me."

"Come on, Chris, you seriously don't want to do anything?"

"No gifts, no flowers, and no fancy dinners. We're watching 'SCREAM' when you get home from work. No romance is happening."

"Fine," he surrendered.

"Thank you." She walked over to her closet to put on a pair of jeans.

"But if you change your mind..."

"Not happening."

"That's what I thought," he whispered and went into her bathroom to get ready for the day.

<3 <3 <3

Street walked into the SWAT HQ locker room to greet his team.

"...And that's what Annie and I do every Valentine's Day," Deacon was sharing as Street opened his locker door.

"Nichelle and I are trying to make a new little tradition this year," Hondo added excitedly.

"What about you, Street? How are you and Chris celebrating?" Luca asked.

"Oh, we're not," he answered.

"Did you already do something special last weekend?" Cabrera wondered.

"No...Chris doesn't want to do anything. She hates Valentine's Day. It's just another day to her," he repeated Chris' words and tried not to sound a little disappointed that they weren't doing something special to mark the day.

"She's never thought of February 14th as a holiday, but I figured she might change her mind with you," Deacon said.

Street only shrugged.

"There's always so much pressure on Valentine's Day, and your girlfriend wants you to skip all the drama? No stress over the perfect gift or how to make the night romantic? You're a lucky guy," Tan commented.

"I am lucky to be with Chris, but I don't know..."

"Is everything okay with you two?" Hondo asked, surveying his younger teammate's face.

"Everything is great, actually."

"You better be treating her right," Hondo wagged a finger at him.

"Always," Street promised.

"You're a good man, Street, but for the record, if you ever did hurt her, I'd kick your ass," Hondo warned, only half joking.

"That's only if Chris hasn't killed him first," Cabrera jested.

"Hondo and Chris are gonna have to get in line, 'cause I will punch you first no question," Tan's glare was serious and intense.

"Me too," Luca promised.

"Yeah," Deacon agreed.

"Can you all relax? I haven't hurt Chris, and I never will! You know how much I love her."