v. friendship

╚════════*

╚════════*.·:·.☽✧    ✦  ✧☾.·:·.*════════╝

Luna lay next to Finan and Uhtred in the bed Guthred so kindly gave them, Uhtred was adamant that she should get the bed to keep her safe and comfortable. Somehow it ended with the three of them sleeping in the bed, both men made sure she had most of the furs, even though their body heat was enough to keep her warm. Uhtred was curled against her back, his arm thrown over her waist and his face buried in her hair. Finan had his face tucked into her neck and one of his arms lay under her head while the other gripped her dress in his fist. She tried not to laugh when both began snoring into her ears.

She was glad to know they had each other for protection when she left to go join Gisela, she couldn't help but be worried for their safety. Luna trailed her fingers up and down Finan's back lightly when he began to stir against her, she shushed him softly and moved his head back to her neck. He relaxed against her and nuzzled his face against her, she shivered when his beard scratched against her leaving chills as it tickled her skin.

Luna was happy to see Gisela again, she missed the woman's sweet kisses and soft hands, and she missed how Gisela felt apart on her fingers and tongue. Maybe she could teach Uhtred some secret tricks on how to please their woman, she grows warm at the thought. A knock on the door causes her to flinch in shock, Uhtred groans into her hair and pulls her closer to his chest. Ragnar slipped through the door silently and looked at the three with a grin.

"You waste no time, princess." Ragnar teased while he leaned against the wall with his arms crossed. She attempted to sit up but both of the men tightened their hold and refused to let her leave, she pouted at Ragnar who felt pity for the girl. He walked over to unwrap Uhtred's arm from her hip, Ragnar placed his hands on her waist then picked her up and placed her on the ground. The blond dane winked at her with a playful glint in his eyes, Luna allowed the Dane to lead her out of the room.

"You should be resting." She said watching as he nodded at some Danes in greeting, the two eventually sat against the nearest tree. Ragnar used some flint to sharpen his sword while she watched the sparks fly.

"It is hard for me to sleep when a battle is near," He said and then turned to her with a questioning look. "Do you plan to take Beomfleot from your father?"

"It would be easy to take, yes. But as a woman, I could not keep it. I would have to take an oath of chastity or I would have to marry a lord. Neither sounds fun, does it?" She admitted with a sad smile, Ragnar frowned and turned to her. He placed his hands on her shoulders and looked at her determinedly.

"I will aid you with my men the day you wish to take back your home, your birthright. You are family now, Lady Luna of Beomfleot. And I do not turn away family. With mine and Uhtred's help, no man would ever force you to do anything you have not consented to. I swear it." Luna would deny it till the day she died but she felt her eyes grow teary and a couple of tears escaped. Ragnar wiped them away and kissed her forehead with an encouraging smile.

The two sat in silence for the rest of the night, gaining comfort from each other's presence no words were needed. Luna was startled briefly when Sihtric appeared next to her from the shadows, he gave her an apologetic smile and handed her the food and drink he prepared for her.

"Thank you, Sihtric." The young Dane nodded walking away with a giddy smile, Ragnar snorted in amusement at the sight.

"How many cocks are you after, princess?" Luna choked on the water and coughed to clear her throat, she turned to Ragnar with wide eyes.

"I am not after any cocks, as you put it." Ragnar paused and gave her a look of disbelief.

"My brother, Finan, and now him? Gisela has some competition." Luna blushed and shoved the Dane.

"Be quiet, Ragnar." She hissed quietly hiding in embarrassment by covering her face with her hands. Uhtred and Finan approached them a couple of hours later as Ragnar was telling her stories of young Uhtred, they leaned against one another laughing, neither seeing the jealousy in Uhtred and Finan's eyes when Ragnar whispered in her ear, far too close in their opinion. Uhtred cleared his throat and ignored the look Ragnar sent him, Luna smiled at the two warmly.

"I would feel better knowing someone traveled with you." Uhtred mumbled when she squeezed Sihtric's arm in thanks for saddling up her horse, Finan reached out and tucked her hair into the hood of her cloak.

"I will be fine, Uhtred." Sihtric helped her up on the horse and grabbed the reins to steady it, he looked at the ground with a small smile when she thanked him.

She said her goodbyes and rode out to reunite with her first lover, the beautiful Gisela. She made sure to hide her face as she traveled, faking a death wouldn't do any good if someone witnessed her riding in towns. Once she reached her destination she found Gisela outside talking to some children, the woman turned to her with a loving smile and kind eyes.

"This is a surprise, but a lovely one no doubt," She held out her hand for Luna to grasp as she dismounted the saddled horse, once her feet hit the ground Gisela embraced her. "I hope you are not too exhausted from your travels, I do miss feeling your body against mine." She whispered seductively. Luna bit her lip to swallow a moan and followed Gisela into the home. God, she loved this woman.