Chapter 1

Sela's POV

'So it's really ending...' I thought to myself as I read the announcement for the nth time. YGDRASSIL's server is shutting down at midnight. 

I sigh as I enter the game. Looking around, I see various doll parts and materials scattered around my workshop. I never really had time to tidy up the place as I was always busy making dolls or looking after the library.  I look at the clock and see that I still had a few hours till the server shut down.

"Might as well tidy up since it's the last day..."

I began organizing the materials and parts but quickly realize that it would take too long to clean so I summoned some dolls to help me. As a doll magician, I can create and summon dolls that would follow my orders.

Doll magicians were rare since you would need levels in commander, craftsman, and magic-oriented classes to be able to obtain the class. It was also a bit of a pain to play as one since you would need to create the dolls themselves and imbue them with magic to be able to use them properly. You can also summon dolls without creating them but doing so would waste too much mana and they were not permanent so making your own dolls were better.

Even though playing as doll magicians were hard, there were still players who did so. One of them was a close friend of mine from a different guild. We would sometimes talk about different designs of dolls and strategies for fighting with them. I let out a small chuckle as I remember what she said.

*Flashback*

"Think about it, Sela. What if we put explosives inside our dolls and have them rush at the enemy?" she said.

"But what about the material costs?"

"We can get around that by using low-quality materials! Plus I think this strategy would also fit you perfectly. If you use illusion magic to confuse your enemy, they wouldn't know which doll is fake and which one explodes!"

*Flashback end*

I was snapped out of reminiscing when one of my dolls poked my cheek. Looking around once again, I see that the workshop is now neat. Now that that's done, I activate my ring and teleport to the guild's meeting place where Momonga and HeroHero were talking.

Momonga: "Ah, Sela. Glad to see you could make it."

HeroHero: "Finally out of that workshop of yours?"

Sela: "Sorry for being late. I had to clean the workshop since it was the last day. How are you Momonga, HeroHero? It's been 2 years since we last saw you, HeroHero."

HeroHero: "2 years? Doing overtime for so long must've messed with my perception of time."

Momonga: "Isn't that a bad symptom?"

Sela: "Yeah. You should probably go get checked."

HeroHero: "I'll probably go when I have time. Oh, I should probably go, I have work early tomorrow and I'm really tired."

Momonga: "Oh. I see... Please rest well."

HeroHero: "I will. I'm actually quite surprised to see the Great Tomb of Nazarick still standing. You two must've been maintaining it all this time."

Sela: "We built this place together. Of course, we would maintain it."

HeroHero: "Well then, Momonga, Sela, it's about time I go. Thank you for your hard work and let's meet again in YGDRASSIL II."

HeroHero suddenly turns into blue particles as I get a notification saying he logged off.

Momonga: "There are only a few hours left till the servers shut down. Shouldn't he have stayed at least till the end?"

Sela: "We can't help it, Momonga. Everyone got too busy and had to leave."

Momonga: "I know..." he said with a sigh.

Looking at Momonga feeling sad, I try to cheer him up by having my dolls pat him.

Sela: "Don't be sad, Momonga. Why don't we head to the throne room?"

Momonga: "Alright. Thanks for cheering me up."

I watch as Momonga stood up and walked toward the guild weapon. A golden staff intertwined with seven serpents. We played recklessly and wasted a lot of time creating it.

Momonga: "I hope our friends will forgive me for taking this with me."

Sela: "It's the last day. I'm sure they won't mind."

As we began to head to the throne room, we see a group of maids and a butler. The guardians of the 9th floor. Momonga stops in front of a butler and looks at his name and settings.

Momonga: "So his name was Sebas."

Sela: "A shame they didn't get to see action. No one ever got this far into the tomb."

Momonga: "Why don't we bring them with us to the throne room? The command was 'Follow', right?"

The group began to form a line behind Momonga as we begin to continue to the throne room. I chuckled a bit when I saw Momonga leading them like a mother duck with her chicks.

When we finally reached the throne room, I saw another NPC standing by the throne. A beautiful succubus who was also the guardian overseer of the Great Tomb of Nazarick. 'Albedo' I thought.

Momonga sat on the throne as I flew up to the top of it where there was a small hidden space with a comfy chair just for me and two of my dolls.

(A.N.: Please imagine there's a small space behind the throne)

I sat with my dolls while looking at the countdown till the server's end as I heard Momonga order the NPCs to kneel. 

Sela: "Hey, Momonga... Thank you... For everything. I hope we... see each other... again." I say while trying to hold back my tears.

Momonga: "Yeah... It was fun playing with you, Sela."

I close my eyes while waiting to be kicked out of the game.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

00:00:01

00:00:02

00:00:03

...But it never came...

A.N.:

Hey there. Mei here. What did you think of the chapter? I hope it wasn't too cringe or something... please tell me your thoughts and if there are any mistakes. I'll try to fix them ASAP. This fic was inspired by "Nazarick's Loli" by Tari-1228 and other  Overlord fanfics. It was also inspired by Alice Margatroid's doll magic from Touhou. 

Thanks for reading!

Words: 1011