Chapter 9

After a week...

Kim is getting ready to leave the university as she has finished her courses. She stomps her feet and looks down.

Although a week has passed, she cannot overlook the incident with Emi and Mick. Although he explained to her what happened, she chose to do not speak with him anymore. They haven't spoken to each other for a whole week.

A wave of fear washes over Kim. What if she would forgive him, would he do it again? She hates herself for being so distrustful. But her last relationship left her with trust issues.

Outside the building, she walks slowly towards the car. She takes a few more steps and stops, her gaze raises with dilated pupils. Mick is right in front of her and he is not alone. Next to him is Emi. They have some calm and worrying looks.

"Kim?" Mick takes a step forward. "Can we talk?"

"About... About what?" The brunette frowns slightly, checking both of them from head to toe.

"We came to talk," says Mick.

"Look, Kim," says Emi, approaching her. "I'm sorry for what happened after the concert more than a week ago. I give you my word that there is nothing between me and Mick. I mean it was once. A few years ago. But now we're just friends. What you saw is not what it was. I swear to you. That's how we tease each other. Look, I can see that it bothered you a lot. So it won't happen again."

"It won't happen again when I'm not around," she scoffs and advances, walking betweem them. "Leave me alone, please. Both of you!"

"Kim! Come on! Be reasonable!" Mick tells her, but without effect, the brunette rushes towards her car, getting inside and banging the door.

"I'm sorry," Emi says to Mick, sadly. "I tried."

Mick watches desolately as Kim's car disappeared.

His gaze drops on the ground. He sees something shining in the sun's rays. He walks and bends down, grabbing it. He looks at his palm at a gold stud encrusted with a small zirconium. He knows the stud is Kim's. He saw an identical pair always in her ears.

He is looking towards the place where Kim is no longer. He is thinking of returning it, and maybe that way he and Kim will have a chance to talk properly.

***

Kim grasps her purse from the sofa and walks steadily down the hall, a little shaky.

A few hours have passed since the meeting with Mick and she can't get what happened.

She was called by Michelle and of course her friend thought something was off with her. But Kim couldn't admit right now what happened.

Her head is throbbing with pain as she puts on her high-heeled shoes. The brunette needs to go outside, in the cold evening air and forget about what was taken place. At least that's what she thinks would ease her.

Already outside the apartment complex, she gets into the car and starts the engine, running towards the city center.

After about 15 minutes, she parks the car in front of a bar. She looks at the building, as she gets out of the car and closes the door. Here Kim usually comes with Michelle and they both have a great time. Only this time she wants to be only her and her thoughts.

Inside, she falls on the stool, her eyes are tired. The bartender comes and asks her what she would like to drink. Kim orders a non-alcoholic drink, and the bartender disappears from her sight. She would like to drink something stronger, but she would also have to drive.

The brunette looks to the left. The music inside makes her headache deafening. Although she didn't put a drop of alcohol in her mouth, everything around her seems blurry.