REWIND: I Don't Know How to Tell You This

NOTE: This is a new chapter inspired by the song above. It came up in my Spotify radio last night and it prompted a scene where they both seem to hesitate on something, 

My mind threatens to erupt 

 But I've got a face to keep 

 My veins are going to implode 

 Oh it's costing me my sleep 

But both finds out that they're feeling and wanting the same thing so they just.. they just gives in to it.

Conscience, don't tell me what to do 

But I think my heart's made a little space 

For you 

-----------------------------

A flashback, the night before.

It was a clear night, with the moon shining bright and not even a single cloud in the sky. Jisoo stared unmoved by the sheer beauty of the tropical evening. Her thoughts were elsewhere, and sleep was nowhere. It wasn't as if the bed was uncomfortable, actually, it was okay.

It was just.. a little too big.

Sighing, she sat up, fluffed her pillow, before hugging it.

She checked the time, 10:34PM.

Realizing that it's no use forcing herself to sleep, she stood up, gathered the heavy duvet, and made her way back to the living room. She settled in the corner of the sofa, wrapped herself up, and turned on the TV. Mindlessly, she flipped through the channels and finally stopped at Animal Planet. Top 50 Cutest Pets, it said on the title. Chuckling, Jisoo set the remote down and started watching.

"Can't sleep?"

Clutching the edges of the duvet in surprise, Jisoo saw Haein standing on the other end of the couch, laughing at her. "Sorry! I heard the TV and I thought you fell asleep while watching, but it looks like you can't sleep too."

"You too, huh?"

"Yeah." Haein moved to sit across Jisoo. He faced her and stared at her face for a bit. "Bed feels.."

"Too big?"

Chuckling, he nodded and bites down his lower lip. He just can't tell her the reason why he can't sleep, that he can't stop thinking about how they're so close to each other yet, still so far. They have, obviously, been over physical boundaries, but he still craves to close any kind of gap that exists to keep them apart.

"Come here," Jisoo said, breaking into his thoughts. She tapped the space beside her, inviting him to move closer. Obliging, Haein scooted closer, lifting the covers so he can drape it over him. In response, Jisoo moved closer, turning a little so her body is angled towards him. To help make her comfortable, Haein raised his arm and draped it around her shoulders. Unable to stop himself, he buried his face into her hair before planting a kiss on her head.

The room was dark, and the only light that they have is the TV, but Haein swore he could see Jisoo smiling as they finally settled into each other.