Moonlight (Killua)

category: fluff

Y/N's POV:

I was so close to winning, so close, so close....."HA! IN YOUR FACE KILLUA! I TOLD YOU I'D WIN!" I yelled, enjoying watching him pout over his devastating loss. "Shut up baka, I haven't played Mario Kart in so long, I knew I was a little rusty...so anyways, what do I owe you again?" he said, sticking his bunny-shaped lollipop back into his mouth. "Oh right, you have to treat me to something tonight, but you come up with it, it's all up to you." I said with a wink, giggling as his face turned red. "Ugh fine, just change your clothes, you have 2 hours since I have to set it up, or I'm dragging you out myself". I gave him a genuine smile, and thanked him for going through the trouble.

*timeskip*

Killua's POV:

I walked into y/n's house, shutting the door behind me. "Alright y/n, times u-" I never got to finish my sentence since I was struck speechless. They were so cute, with a f/c crop top, blue jeans, and a matching jacket. I don't think I can do this anymore. We haven't even started the damn challenge and I'm already about to lose it- "KILLUA!" they yelled, snapping me out of my thoughts. " What?! Oh...sorry, I was lost in thought." They smirked, as if they knew exactly what I was thinking about. "Yeah I could tell, you wouldn't stop staring". I blushed, knowing I really was staring and just got called out. "Shut up n/n, lets just go" I said holding the door as we walked out of their house. I ran up to my bike parked in the driveway. "Hop on love, and try not to fall off if you can help it".

Y/N POV:

I rolled my eyes at his comment, and tried to hide my blush at the new nickname, although I'm pretty sure I failed, based on the smirk he was giving me. I got on behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist. He took off, keeping his eyes on the road. I rested my head on his shoulder, mentally praying to the lord Killua wouldn't kill us.

*timeskip*

"Alright, were here princess" he said, parking his bike in a patch of grass next to a tree. It was dark outside, and everything here looked a little creepy. "Where are we, and why is it so dark?" I questioned, looking around, but not being able to see much. "I took you to one of my hideout spots, and it's dark because the suns down dumbass." he said pulling something out of his pocket. "Put this blindfold on, and I will lead you. I'm not going to kidnap you, I swear." he said, noticing my worried expression. I then put the blindfold on, and as he grabbed my hand, got led into the dark woods.

*timeskip*

"Alright, were here, you can take it off now", he said letting go of my hand. I pulled off the blindfold, and a soft gasp escaped my lips. There was an empty area, surrounded with almost every flower you could imagine, with a few lit candles. The moon and stars shone overhead, and I have never seen anything more beautiful. Well, that's a lie, Killua is more beautiful, he reminds me of the moonlight in a way. "So, do you like it?" he asked, patting the spot next to him. He gave me the purest smile, and I fell for him all over again. "It's beautiful Killua, it really is". I turned to look at him, and blushed at the sight. The moonlight was directly hitting him, adding a glowing shine to his porcelain-colored skin. It was like the moon was showing me everything he's been through, and wanted me to help make it better for him.

"Hey Killua, can I tell you something?" I said, my fear evident in my voice. "Sure, what's up?", he asked, turning over on his side to look up at me. "I've been keeping something from you. If you hate me after this, you can forget it ever happened. But I love you. Not the way Gon, Kurapika, Leorio, or even Alluka love you, but I genuinely care about you. You make me a nervous wreck sometimes and I always get this feeling in my stomach when I'm with you, like I need you more than I already do. I know that might sound selfish of me, but I don't care. I want to be with you, always and forever, but I can't keep being friends when I have all of these feelings that I can't get rid of."

I looked back up at him, scared that if he was out of my sight for too long, he would disappear. His beautiful blue eyes glazed over, tears falling down his face. "I-...I love you too y/n. I just never thought you felt the same way. I was scared that if I told you anything, it would ruin our friendship...and I can't lose you." he said, scooting closer to my side. He reached in his pocket, pulling out the blindfold. "I almost forgot, I have one more surprise for you".

I put the blindfold back on, excitement growing for what this surprise might be. I heard Killua take a deep breath. Chills ran down my body as I felt his breath right in front of me. His lips landed on mine, and my heart instantly melted. It was slow and sweet, all the emotions we've felt for each other being expressed through this one kiss.

After what seemed like forever, he pulled away, giving us both a moment to catch our breath. I took the blindfold off to see a bright red blush spread across his cheeks.

"I love you Killua." I said, resting my head on his shoulder as the moon came back from behind the clouds, the moonlight hitting us both.

"I love you too, y/n".