viii. the lady ghost

╚════════*

╚════════*.·:·.☽✧    ✦  ✧☾.·:·.*════════╝

They ride out after Alfred and Erik's departure and Luna decides to join the group. Her fake death was no longer needed, Aethelred was marrying Alfred's daughter and thus no longer interested in her. She rides by Uhtred and Gisela, she notices Finan smirking when he sees Sihtric's horse riding up to Uhtred's own.

"Lord, lord! Have you made a decision yet? Have you given it thought?" Finan snickers at the male as Luna looks at him in confusion.

"Given thought to what?" Uhtred asked.

"Uhtred." Gisela warns and gives him a look.

"My request to marry, lord. I would like to be her husband." Sihtric says and blushes when he glances her way.

"Lord, you will answer the man." Gisela encourages and looks over at Luna with an amused smile.

"I will think about it at Winchester and give you my decision." Uhtred finally says, a dismissal in his voice, Sihtric smiles gratefully at the man.

"Thank you, lord."

"You sucked his cock, did you not?" Uhtred whispers and laughs when she inhales sharply. "I am not sure if he could survive your cunt, my love." Gisela erupted in laughter as Luna sat shocked.

"And that's not including the Irishman either," Gisela teased. "Though, he has not been given a chance yet." Luna slapped Gisela's shoulder softly in disbelief. They arrived at the town not long after, they passed by Aethelwold, and the boy was once again drinking ale. He stands quickly and moves to see Uhtred before speaking loudly.

"If it is not the great lord Uhtred of the small and little-known village of Coccham."

"I see you are drinking again, Aethelwold." Uhtred smirks at the man in passing.

"It's just a cup or two, nothing more. I have news for you, you know where to find me." Gisela turned to look at him with a worried expression, Luna placed a hand on her leg to comfort her. The group soon reaches the stables and Uhtred and Gisela walk away to speak privately. No doubt about the wedding and the dead man. Sihtric jumps down from his horse and moves to her, he reaches up intending to help her off the horse and he smiles softly at her.

"Sihtric, do you truly wish to marry me?"

"Of course, my moon." Sihtric reached up to cup her face in his rough palms, a thumb caressing her cheek, she leaned into him when he trailed his thumb down the bridge of her nose. "I have not felt this way for anyone before." He leans down to kiss her innocently and pulls away with a smile before guiding her to the crowd and their friends.

"Is that Aethelred?" Uhtred asks as he and Clapa stand with them, Clapa places a hand on both her and Finan's shoulders.

"Hmm." The men answer.