xi. planning

╚════════*

╚════════*.·:·.☽✧    ✦  ✧☾.·:·.*════════╝

"They say Lunden is dangerous." Luna smiled at the two men and looked upon a place she never thought she would see again.

"Oh, it is. But Lunden is alive with every kind of life." Finan slings an arm around Sihtric's shoulders to tug him close.

"I hear women do not walk the streets unguarded, that bodies are found in the river, daily." Sihtric looks around curiously.

"Twice daily, with each and every tide." Uhtred adds.

"Lunden is not Winchester, but one year is worth ten elsewhere." Uhtred and Luna navigate them around the place, and the two have their hands intertwined as they walk.

"Then why do you not live here?"

"And end up dead in the river? Do I look like a fool?" They laugh and when they walk into the fortress she notices Sihtric grows alert, his eyes glance around to see all the danger surrounding them. She leans up to kiss his cheek to calm him.

"Uhtred, how is it that you know these streets so well?" Aethelred asks.

"I stayed here for a time, with Earl Ragnar the Fearless, when I was a boy."

"When you were a Dane." Uhtred turns to give him a dirty look.

"You will not speak to him like that again." She demanded and watched him scoff at her.

"As you can see, the one fact in our favor is that the whole of Lunden cannot be defended, it's too big. Even the walls surrounding the old Roman city would need many hundreds of men." Uhtred lectures the men on some history he acquired at a young age.

"So the brother's position is weak." Another man stated.

"Not weak but Lunden's been open to all tribes for a reason. The grounds are not far now. I shall speak.." Uhtred informs.

"You should ask for food and ale, lord. My belly believes my throat is cut." Clapa announces. Soon they come across a priest nailed to a cross in the archway.

"God preserve us."

"It is a death, nothing more." Finan says to the Mercian lord as they walk past the cross.

"Uhtred Ragnarsson, the future king of Mercia. Welcome to Lunden, your new home should you want it." Sigefrid announces and smirks seeing her. "And you brought along the lady ghost of Beamfleot!" Sigefrid chuckled at her glare.

"Sigefrid, I thought you might want to kill me still." Uhtred said matter of factly, he glanced at Luna.

"Oh, for a long time, I did. But then I grew to like my new hand. Though, I have to be careful when wiping my arse." He raised an arm and showed off the sword mounted to the stub, the brothers laughed at the joke.