Sick ponboy bc i said so <33 (Pt. 1)

Pb pov.

I woke up with a jump. "PONYBOY GET YOUR ASS UP!" Steve shouted, pounding on my door. "I-i'm coming.." I said mumbling. "Whatever hurry"He said with a scoff. My head was pounding and I felt like trash. I grabbed some clothes, a towel, and my comb and walked to the bathroom sluggishly. "Morning Pone, breakfast is almost done" Darry told me as i walked by. I would normally say 'Oooh!! Is there bacon?' but instead i just gave a thumbs up. "Pony, you alright?" I heard the concerned voice of Soda. "It's not cause Steve yelled at you right?" He spoke again.  "Yup, fine" I cringed at how scratchy my voice sounded.  "Alright kiddo" He said, letting it go. I closed the bathroom door as i felt my entire body heat up rapidly for a bit before going freezing cold. 

I trembled and grabbed the thermometer. I put it in my mouth. I waited a bit while I undressed and checked it. 102 °  is what it reads. "Oh god.." I muttered to myself. 'maybe i'm just hot, a cold shower should cool me down a lot..' I turned on the water as i thought to myself.  I stepped in and let the cold water run over my body. I was trembling within a minute but continued my shower. I washed up and dried off before grabbing the thermometer again. I kept it in my mouth as I dressed and combed my hair a bit as it slightly dried. 'What!?' I exclaimed in my head. 101°

'Only 1 degree!?' 

I am NOT sick.. Darry would be so mad- I... gosh i mess everything up.. What will i do? We still have some medicine i guess. I took some, grimacing as i did. I shook my head and pocketed some cough drops. I put my dirty clothes in the bin and walked out to the kitchen. "Hey!! Horseman!" Two-bit said, beer in palm despite it being 8 in the morning. "It's Ponyboy, but whatever.." I muttered and plopped in my seat. "Who pissed in your cheerio's?" Dallas rolled his eyes and took a swig of Two-bit's beer. "Hey now, don't drink too much, you haven't eaten yet! Never drink on an empty stomach" Sodapop grabbed the beer and stuck it back in the fridge. 

"He's right y'know, it sucks to be drunk on an empty stomach" I said sarcastically. Everyone just glared at me. "Kidding jeez, take a joke damn" I sighed and leaned back in my chair. "Chill out Pone" Johny put his arm around my shoulder. "Dude you alright? You're really hot.." Johnny said worried as he turned to me. "Johnnycakes, if you wanted me that bad you coulda just said something" I smirked and spoke like Dallas mixed with a bit of Soda. Dallas snorted. "Pony-" Johnny lightly snorted and walked away to get some food. Venus looked at me with an array of emotions on her face. "I'm joking! Chill" I have a smile now. 

I grabbed a plate of food and sat back down. I ate quietly and almost fell asleep at the table. "You alright Pone? Johnny was right, you're pretty warm.." "Soda i said i was fine, geez.." I stood up to put my plate in the sink. I almost tripped but caught myself, and rinsed my plate off. I shoved my hands in my pockets and went to sit on the couch. I put on The Brady Bunch and laid down. "Hey! You can't watch The Brady Bunch without me!" Venus cried and come to sit down with me. I smiled and shook my head.  Somewhere within the second episode i started to get really sleepy so I laid my head in Venus's lap. She always made me fall asleep pretty fast. I don't know when I fell asleep, but i do know i woke up a few hours later with no one home. I blinked and squinted at the clock on the wall. 

'Hm. it's only 12:30.. maybe i could convince Dal to get me Dairy Queen for lunch' I thought to myself as i went into the kitchen. I opened the fridge but was disappointed to find no more Pepsi's. My eyes wandered to the beers next to the milk. 'Hm.. didn't i hear somewhere beer helps with a fever? No.. Darry and Venus would be pissed' I closed the fridge again and grabbed a glass from the cabinet.  'Fuck it' i grabbed a beer out of the fridge and poured it into the cup. 

"I just gotta drink it fast and make sure they don't find out" I mumbled to myself. I grabbed the cup and went up to my room. I felt really hot all over and was getting chills. "Being sick sucks.." I went to my room to drink the beer and read a book. I obviously hid the empty bottle. I read some of my book, finished my drink before washing the cup and went to take another nap on the couch. I actually feel a lot better after drinking the beer....