Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Pitch Meeting

Harry Potter is weird

Harry Potter and The Philosophers Stone Pitch meeting

Producer: So you have a movie for me?

Writer: yes sir I do. So it's based off of this fantasy book series.

Producer: *is very bored*

Writer: and it's sold a lot of copies.

Producer: oh okay. sorry I got bored by the word book there for a second. but I'm listening now so what is this book series about?

Writer: well it's called Harry Potter Sir, and it's about a kid named Harry Potter.

Producer: alright I understand completely.

Writer: and so this evil wizard Voldemort tries to kill Harry and his family when he was a baby!

Producer: wow when he was a baby this villain has no chill!

Writer: yeah so anyway not only did harry survive he apparently also killed Voldemort.

Producer: oh Wow super powered baby... Well then if Voldemort is the bad guy then why did he die immediately then?

Writer: actually technically he's not dead. He gave Harry his scar and Harry causes him to die physically but his spirit is fine. What he's trying to do is find a new vessel to possess or whatever.

Producer: oh okay!

Writer: also Harry's mother's love is pretty much super powers I guess. As it was the whole reason why he is alive right now. And also has a scar and his mother's love can cause him to kill people by burning them because they don't understand his mother's love, so yeah.

Producer: alright I guess that means this power of burning people will be utilized right? I mean it literally anyone who doesn't understand his mother's love will be burned to death by touching him right?

Writer: no not really!

Producer: What the heck? Why not?

Writer: it only happens when it's necessary to the plot. I mean there's like a part in a future book The Order of the Phoenix where Delores Umbridge carves Harry's hand with a torturous spell and apparently she can touch him just fine even though she has no understanding of love or peace or happiness or mother's love and all that.

Producer: that's very strange, weird how that's a thing.

Writer: I know! So anyway we meet this wizard named Dumbledore and he wants to leave Harry with his non magic Aunt and uncle, but he doesn't want to be seen doing magic in the suburbs.

Producer: So what does he do then?

Writer: he does magic in the suburbs.

Producer: wait what why? That doesn't make any sense!

Writer: oh yeah, so anyway he turns all the street lights into flying magic balls and he zips them down the street into his put outer.

Producer: I feel like that name is kinda on the nose, also I feel like walking down the street normally would be less suspicious and draw less attention right?

Writer: maybe yeah, but apparently because the plot has to move forward all of the people living in this part of town have to be as blind as a bat in order for this scene to play out.

Producer: why couldn't he just walk down the street like a normal person and knock on their door?

Writer: just because... so anyway Dumbledore is gonna explain to these other wizards Hagrid and Professor McGonagall that Harry is gonna be famous in the Wizarding world so he decides to have him grow up away from all that.