~

My hands snake around his abdomen as he ride on his motorcycle. I hated to say it, but I could tell he was fit underneath the shirt. He has a broad but slim look to him, and it could easily fool you.

I look around at the desolate roads to the side of us, ridden with trees and dried blood. It was a ghost town, everywhere was. And I hated to say it, but this reality was a dream for me. Minus the death, minus losing Ava. This was the life I had originally dreamed of- and maybe it was because I spent most of mine in fear and I have grown accustomed to it.

The motorcycle comes to a stop, and I swing my leg over hopping off. I look at the grocery store in front of us. I could tell it was raided, but it was worth a try. I look to Daryl, nodding as I tuck my knife into my belt and grab my handgun.

"You think anything will be here?" I ask as we approach the doors.

"Maybe. But we gotta try," Daryl says.

We get to the door, and I scan the area as Daryl busts the chain lock.

"You know if any more of those goons are looking for ya?" Daryl asks suddenly.

My head freezes, and I close my eyes. Mickey was dead. That's right. "No." I say firmly. "Or at least I hope." Who knew what that monster told those people- he could have a whole group aligned to kill me.

We walk into the store, our footsteps echoing throughout. I kneel down, grabbing a magazine and tossing it out into the empty aisle. It smacks against the tile as I wait to hear any signs of walkers present.

"Clear, for now." I say.

I walk into the aisles, sweeping the already almost empty shelves. If there was anything left it was all expired pasta or expired fruit. There was nothing in between.

I walk over to the toiletries, seeing if there was any sign of diapers or rash cream. Anything for Judith would be a win right now. She was a baby, and babies were high maintenance. Shane didn't know how to co father with Rick- it was quite embarrassing. Their reactions to Lori dying, were dynamically different. Shane was angry, blamed everyone but himself. Rick was angry, but also depressed and insane. I mean that was his wife. And the tension continues to boil. We all knew the possibility of Judith being Shane's was close  to 100%. But we didn't say anything. Keeping a bag from a killing disease and trying to nurture it without breast milk wasn't easy.

Suddenly, I feel a cold hard metal press to my back. I slightly turn my head, seeing someone familiar. It was that Mexican guy from Woodbury. Shit. We were raiding one of their go tos. I slowly raise my hands up, closing my eyes. Shit. Fucking hell.

He leans into me, whispering into my ear. I cringe out of disgust. "Call for him. As if nothing is happening."

I swallow, feeling my throat tighten. The gun cocks, making a loud clicking sound.

"Daryl, come here." My voice breaks. I breathe in, my breath shaky.

He emerges from the aisle, his eyes widening as he looks at the man behind me. He reaches for his gun, raising it. Then, suddenly, a man comes behind him and hits his head with the butt of an AK. His body drops to the ground, out cold.

"Daryl!" I yell. I turn around, glaring at the man. "Fuck you!"

"Shut up, bitch." Then, a hard pain hits my head causing everything to go black.